Forums

chessmaster vs tactics trainer

Sort:
BlunderMeister

I have CM 11 running on a Windows 7 laptop, and as others have said, the Waitzkin tutorials are really good.

arthurdavidbert

Guess I'll have to try it..................

leshake

Hi, folks,

Does anyone know how to save a training game in Chessmaster:Grandmaster.

I play their personality opponents, but cannot for the life of me, find a way to save the game moves for study later. 

Help, please.

Thanks

EscherehcsE
leshake wrote:

Hi, folks,

Does anyone know how to save a training game in Chessmaster:Grandmaster.

I play their personality opponents, but cannot for the life of me, find a way to save the game moves for study later. 

Help, please.

Thanks

Assuming the menus didn't change much from version 10 to 11, you should be able to save the game by doing a "File -> Save". You'll have to choose whether to save it in PGN or Chessmaster format (CMG).

leshake

Hi, again.

I'm talking about no Chessmaster 9000, but Chessmaster: Grandmaster software. I have Chessmaster 9000 and I can save games there via the File Menu. But, there is no file menu, or any menu showing on my Chessmaster: Grandmaster. Thanks for trying.

EscherehcsE
leshake wrote:

Hi, again.

I'm talking about no Chessmaster 9000, but Chessmaster: Grandmaster software. I have Chessmaster 9000 and I can save games there via the File Menu. But, there is no file menu, or any menu showing on my Chessmaster: Grandmaster. Thanks for trying.

I was using Chessmaster 10th Edition; I don't have the Grandmaster Edition (some people refer to it as Chessmaster 11). Hard to believe there are no menus in CM11?

Maybe baddogno will post something. He has (had?) CM11. He's the one who told me that you only get two installs with CM11. Frown

EscherehcsE

I found a CM11 pdf manual online. Here's a shot from the manual showing the basic game screen. It's low resolution, but it does look like there's a menu bar across the top, similar to CM10.

Somebodysson
Tricklev wrote:

Chessmaster is an excellent learning tool. I'm to lazy atm to explain why, so you'll just have to take my words for it.

hehe, funny