Forums

Dealing with emotions on this site

AunTheKnight
Mr-Mudd wrote:
AunTheKnight wrote:
Mr-Mudd wrote:

Internet is not real life.

 

The Internet is real man... I dunno.

The internet is portrayed imagination.  The interface is real, but not what we emotionally project onto it.  

I know. I was joking.

navinashok

lol

subchessking

Why I lose in winning position always chess.com please tell my weakness is due to time control? :ohno :ohno :ohno

Mr-Mudd
AunTheKnight wrote:
Mr-Mudd wrote:
AunTheKnight wrote:
Mr-Mudd wrote:

Internet is not real life.

 

The Internet is real man... I dunno.

The internet is portrayed imagination.  The interface is real, but not what we emotionally project onto it.  

I know. I was joking.

My apologies kind sir

FirstMarch

Chances are that your friends don't really care about these things as much as you. It's just a website that you play chess on. If you want lasting friends that won't leave I suggest going outside and meeting real people.

Festerthetester

Regarding older members and older aged members:  We lived much of our lives long before there was an internet.  We learned how to make real friends IRL.  You are young.  You grew up online.  Older people know better than to attach to people online, many of whom have created false personas.

Festerthetester

The old me would have said get a life!  But I am trying to understand young people better.  You grew up with a view of the world and relationships via an electronic device.  This is something I can understand but I also need to preach a bit.  It can be a dangerous thing to put so much weight on internet relationships.  Not just from a physical danger like some creep finding out where you live but from an emotional standpoint.  Trusting identities here can lead to some painful realities about people.  I have personally come across some serious pretenders who get a thrill tricking people into trusting them just to mock them later.  This happens on many social sites even when skype is available.  Fake identities do not always show through even on video chats.  Even your name says anonymous.  Think about it.

Anonymous_Dragon
FirstMarch wrote:

Chances are that your friends don't really care about these things as much as you. It's just a website that you play chess on. If you want lasting friends that won't leave I suggest going outside and meeting real people.

Folks . I honestly don't know what the problem is here . Are you people too dumb to interpret and understand  my point correctly or was I unable to express them properly ? Did I at any point mention that I am searching for long lasting friends online ?

Anonymous_Dragon
Festerthetester wrote:

The old me would have said get a life!  But I am trying to understand young people better.  You grew up with a view of the world and relationships via an electronic device.  This is something I can understand but I also need to preach a bit.  It can be a dangerous thing to put so much weight on internet relationships.  Not just from a physical danger like some creep finding out where you live but from an emotional standpoint.  Trusting identities here can lead to some painful realities about people.  I have personally come across some serious pretenders who get a thrill tricking people into trusting them just to mock them later.  This happens on many social sites even when skype is available.  Fake identities do not always show through even on video chats.  Even your name says anonymous.  Think about it.

Yes I know . I am aware that people can fake their identity. And I am aware of the ways I can ensure someone is being truthful about who they are . 

And yes you are right . It's important not to put too much weight into online relationships. I did that in the past and I am regretting it now . I will try my best not to do it in future

Free-de-la-h0ya
I’m still trying dragon el brou.Haven’t met ppl close like you
FirstMarch
Anonymous_Dragon wrote:
FirstMarch wrote:

Chances are that your friends don't really care about these things as much as you. It's just a website that you play chess on. If you want lasting friends that won't leave I suggest going outside and meeting real people.

Folks . I honestly don't know what the problem is here . Are you people too dumb to interpret and understand  my point correctly or was I unable to express them properly ? Did I at any point mention that I am searching for long lasting friends online ?

Then why are you whining and crying about being emotional/sad? Strange.

And yes, you aren't able to express your thoughts properly since your English is not that good.

"I wonder how do you guys deal with this sadness? How do you bear the pain of losing a close friend ?"

Lol.

4go10_legend

SameerAchhab1

SlumChessHustler

🤔 seems so many recent posts...to catch-up...need to backread this topic...

Anonymous_Dragon
FirstMarch wrote:
Anonymous_Dragon wrote:
FirstMarch wrote:

Chances are that your friends don't really care about these things as much as you. It's just a website that you play chess on. If you want lasting friends that won't leave I suggest going outside and meeting real people.

Folks . I honestly don't know what the problem is here . Are you people too dumb to interpret and understand  my point correctly or was I unable to express them properly ? Did I at any point mention that I am searching for long lasting friends online ?

Then why are you whining and crying about being emotional/sad? Strange.

And yes, you aren't able to express your thoughts properly since your English is not that good.

"I wonder how do you guys deal with this sadness? How do you bear the pain of losing a close friend ?"

Lol.

What a moron ! . 

So if I am emotional about losing friends , that directly translates to me wanting more and more online friends ? No wonder why you are 700 rated .

And there is nothing wrong in those sentences .

Also gonna block you . Coz not interested in engaging with retarted maniacs on this thread

Free-de-la-h0ya
*Noice*