Forums

Do woman Enjoy Chess

Sort:
chess_kebabs

Guess who just make a choc mint slice which you eat semi-frozen.

A woman who enjoys chess did.

Unbelievable that we can enjoy both activities/hobbies! All the dead cavemen would be turning in their graves. 

chess_kebabs

It is for a dinner party tonight which will be followed by lots of OTB chess!

There is a rivalry going on between my cousin and myself. No way I will let him beat me tonight! 

ClavierCavalier
chess_kebabs wrote:
ClavierCavalier wrote:
chess_kebabs wrote:
ClavierCavalier wrote:

I've always thought that it seemed silly that women and men generally compete in different leauges in chess.  Recently I read something about the differences in our brains, and apparently men are generally better at spatial reasoning, which is why men always think women can't pack the trunk of the car, why men are better at judging distances, etc.  Perhaps this spatial difference would actually effect chess.  No, I'm not talking about having queen side space!

I agree ClavierCavalier.

Side note: I see you like piano. Have you seen this hilarious but brilliant piece of piano playing by Victor Borge with Franz Liszt? 

Well, it's not with Franz Liszt, but Liszt's Hungarian Rhapsody in C sharp minor.  Oh, and I've seen it before.

Gotchya. I was going by the comments in youtube. 

Liszt hasn't played the piano since his death in 1886.  Tragic, really, since he was probably the greatest pianist ever.  He probably could still do chopsticks.

Annabella1

I DONT THINK SOOOO!!!  Wrong!

Annabella1

hahahahahaha    you got that JUST right!!!!! hahahahahahaha

msjenned

Annabella enjoys Chess and Cats.

VULPES_VULPES

Really? Almost half of my chess.com friends are girls!

levi223

Chess is a war simulation game and it is possible that women usually have more emotional and "softer" feelings (no offence meant) so they do not play nearly as well. After all, you don't throw women to fight in wars, you throw men into battles. This might be the reason why most top players are men. Note that I said TOP PLAYERS not all players. After all, many women and girls play chess at lower levels and who's to say they don't like/love/whatever the game?

ClavierCavalier
levi223 wrote:

Chess is a war simulation game and it is possible that women usually have more emotional and "softer" feelings (no offence meant) so they do not play nearly as well. After all, you don't throw women to fight in wars, you throw men into battles. This might be the reason why most top players are men. Note that I said TOP PLAYERS not all players. After all, many women and girls play chess at lower levels and who's to say they don't like/love/whatever the game?

Wow, what a new, revolutionary idea!  I've never heard such arguments before, and it has made me wonder why women seem to think men are sexist with such pure logic.

batgirl

:-D

hiredgun777

I'd say go ask the Polgar sisters, I'm sure they can shed some light on the question!

Annabella1

ClavierCavalier.....well said

chess_kebabs
Lebna_Dengal wrote:

hell yeah, they play for fun, :)))))))))))))))) to distruct men!:)

they enjoy that thrill. i like it. :))))))))

our secret is finally out. lol

chess_kebabs
levi223 wrote:

*rolls eyes*.

Many women play better than many men, so that throws your theory right out the window.

Wondering when people are going to start to have an awakening that thousands, probably millions of females play chess.. and the awakening part is they play because they actually enjoy it, shock horror. Why else would we play, because we hate it? 

CalamityChristie

Yes, they do seem to enjoy beating me

konhidras

Lots of beautiful women gms playing chess. I wish i could play them so that i could stare at them at a closer view. Women do enjoy chess same with us. They are just sweeter coz they deliver death blows on the board and still look so charming.

chess_kebabs

"Do women enjoy chess?" is really a stupid question because obviously many women do or they wouldn't be here playing chess or in clubs or on other sites and there wouldn't be any female Grandmasters. A better question might have been "Why do more men play chess than women?", which is a question that has been asked many times.

DimebagDerek

You tell him Babs! :p

konhidras

You have a point miss kebabs. i once heard a girl say that most men who play chess do so coz they  can't get a girlfriend or are loveless losers. I could not agree with her but i counldnt object either.

Conflagration_Planet

Embarassed I felt like hell last Friday. I felt like hell last Saturday. I felt like hell last Sunday. I felt like hell last Monday. I felt like hell last Tuesday. I felt like hell last Wednesday.  I fell like hell right now, and I'm sure I will feel like hell Cry  tomorrow as well, not to mention all weekend. Yell