Do you think it is worth purchasing this...

pfren

Isn't Jesus the one who claimed "Blessed are those who blunder and thirst for chess mastery, for they will be exploited"?

chamaria17e

Wow.. so every thread here at chess.com ends with discussions on god.
Lol
I dont understand why christians insert god in every topic.. huh!Yell
Hey @NKT73, you need to search for some church forums to share your religious thoughts.

MrDodgy
pfren wrote:
chamaria17e wrote:
pfren wrote:

GM Damian Lemos is the Lakdawala equivalent in Chess videos: Too much output, too little quality.

Wow.. an IM answering my question! Thank you so much for your time.
a trophy for you master.
Too much output, too little quality... what do you mean by that sir? (little quality)

I mean that an author who produces a couple of "Empire Chess" videos every month at a steady pace for the last 3-4 years cannot offer a quality product, no matter how strong a player he is (and Lemos is a strong chessplayer). So far I had the chance to review two and a half of them (the third one was so uniteresting that I never finished viewing it!), and while they aren't total crap, they don't offer something special to their supposed target audience, either.

Could you point us to some "special" videos?  I can't seem to find any here!

jambyvedar

I suggest you get Understanding Chess Middle Games by Nunn.

pfren
MrDodgy wrote:

Could you point us to some "special" videos?  I can't seem to find any here!

I don't understand the question, I'm afraid.

solskytz
pfren wrote:

Isn't Jesus the one who claimed "Blessed are those who blunder and thirst for chess mastery, for they will be exploited"?

Funny!!!

I could definitely use a laugh this morning...

MrDodgy
pfren wrote:  "they don't offer something special to their supposed target audience, either."

Which videos offer something special?

chamaria17e
MrDodgy wrote:
pfren wrote:  "they don't offer something special to their supposed target audience, either."

Which videos offer something special?

Oh yeah!
same question from my side to Master pfren.
(which videos/ books/ other contents...)

Setne007

I purchased the Club Players Manifiesto and I was disappointed by the low quality of the material. As it seems to be the case with other DVDs by GM Damian Lemos; you notice that there was little or no preparation before siting in from of his PC to record the video.