Forums

ending my relationship due to chess

Sort:
Arrakis09
DavidChCh wrote:
MisssSunshine wrote:

i hope not all chess players in this website are such losers like OP.....sad

He is not a loser at all, on the contrary, he has just won a life free of alimony and child support!

Oh, and what a mess it is to have a child and be divorced. I went through this process when I divorced the cheating wife that was married to me and my little girl was 4 years old. NOW my little girl is grown up and 45 !!!

But she still carries the scars of her real dad not raising her. I suffer too. And that doesn't begin to mention the $100,000 that I paid in alimony for 14 years.

So I must say again that I recommend TWO very important things:

1) Always discuss your hobbies and have an agreement before you marry that it is 'healthy to have other interests'.

2) Please.... do not have a child until you have been married for 2 years and can determine that the marriage is strong.

You will have a much happier life if you do those 2 simple things.

Cheers,

Don

JamieDelarosa
[COMMENT DELETED]
Irontiger
DavidChCh wrote:

You can agree what you want before you marry, but in practice once you are married she can divorce you and take you to the cleaners anytime you want.

It does not matter if your marriage is fantastic, the law is firmly on the woman's side. ...

RonaldJosephCote

Correction;   take you to the cleaners anytime SHE wants. Not anytime YOU want.   I want the cleaners to be closed.

NewArdweaden
returnofxpchesser wrote:

to focus on chess more. is this a good Idea? it seems that everytime i want to play chess for atleast study it my girlfriend gets in the way. Im sorry i like chess and i feel my gf is getting in the way.

me and my girlfriend has been fighting alot besides me playing chess. for example ever since she moved away she has not made any effort to talk to me or keep in contact with me and if i do it seems like a bother for her to talk to me.

I think you'll never be that good at chess to be forced to sacrifice you real life for a board game. 

Irontiger
DavidChCh wrote:

You really don't need any citation to prove common knowledge iron tiger (...)

Except that "common knowledge" being most often the result of prejudice accumulated during years of uncritical thinking, if you cannot justify it a posteriori, you should probably drop it.