Forums

Epic Win Over A 2000 Player

Sort:
wrightjustin84
blackfirestorm wrote:
wrightjustin84 wrote:

Wait, what? lol

I just beat a 1355, and I'm celebrating! Holy crap, congrats! I'm going to go look at your game now lol. 

Yeah my opponent didn't bank on losing his queen to a nasty bishop sac  

Not even kidding, I won several games today because people were arrogant and ended up losing their queens. If only more highly-rated players would do that :-P

blackfirestorm
JackRoach wrote:

Ahhh, I'm afraid you've made a SLIGHT Innacuracy. You see, that player was 1997, not 2000. That is a slight falsehood.

Well erm actually he was 1997 AFTER I beat him. I gained 16 rating points off him so he WAS over 2000 when we started playing 🙄

blackfirestorm
wrightjustin84 wrote:
blackfirestorm wrote:
wrightjustin84 wrote:

Wait, what? lol

I just beat a 1355, and I'm celebrating! Holy crap, congrats! I'm going to go look at your game now lol. 

Yeah my opponent didn't bank on losing his queen to a nasty bishop sac  

Not even kidding, I won several games today because people were arrogant and ended up losing their queens. If only more highly-rated players would do that :-P

Indeed 😁 I’m always looking for tactics like that to pull and sometimes they work sometimes they don’t. 

B1ZMARK
JackRoach hat geschrieben:

Ahhh, I'm afraid you've made a SLIGHT Innacuracy. You see, that player was 1997, not 2000. That is a slight falsehood.

he lose rating to drop under 2000.

JackRoach

Ah, you see. If they were 16 points higher, then your inaccuracy is slightly bigger!

You see, with math I can say that 1997+16= 2013.

So, instead of being 3 points below 2000, now it is 13 points above 2000. Which is slightly more of an inaccuracy, because 13 points off is more than 3 points off.

The falsehood is slightly bigger...

JackRoach
B1ZMARK wrote:
JackRoach hat geschrieben:

he lose rating to drop under 2000.

Grammar -_-

blackfirestorm
JackRoach wrote:

Ah, you see. If they were 16 points higher, then your inaccuracy is slightly bigger!

You see, with math I can say that 1997+16= 2013.

So, instead of being 3 points below 2000, now it is 13 points above 2000. Which is slightly more of an inaccuracy, because 13 points off is more than 3 points off.

The falsehood is slightly bigger...

Idiot ... He was over 2000 when I played him and he dropped to 1997 after I beat him. Up to you if you wanna be an idiot about inaccuracies 

JackRoach

I said the innacuracy was slight. 

Also I'm joking if you can't tell 😀

blackfirestorm

No nobody could tell 🙄

JackRoach
MelvinGarvey wrote:

Told you Jack, South Pole outpost...

I'd rather go to the North Pole.

LingLing8200
blackfirestorm wrote:

No nobody could tell 🙄

Most people probably could tell, nice win though

Jsrsky

Nice one!!!

blackfirestorm

Thanks guys 

dah_happyh0ppyh0rsi3

wow you beat a player 1000 points higher than you

blackfirestorm

yeah grin.png 

nTzT

This is why unrated doesn't really matter, congrats on the win but I think the chance of him blundering his queen in a ranked game where his rating is on the line will be much smaller.

blackfirestorm

Yet that is exactly what he did. 

blackfirestorm

Untitled Tuesday is a rated tournament and he lost that as part of that tournament. 

nTzT

I just checked yea, good job then! happy.png 

blackfirestorm

Thanks wink.png