Forums

Finally reached 1700 blitz. How much respect does 1700 player deserve? Yes/No?

Sort:
polebuster

Always wanted to reach this milestone happy.png 

I have massive respect for 2000 player

ActuallySleepy
Congrats on your milestone.

@MyRatingis1523, let’s play some blitz games bro. My USCF blitz is only 1025 but I enjoy a challenge.
ilikewindmills
Respect me as well
WilliamShookspear

As much as any other player... 

Tnxcya

I think u can feel accomplished 

SmyslovFan

My perpetual goal is to reach ~250 points higher than my best, whatever that rating is. Currently, that means I'd like to reach +2400 USCF. I'm not likely to break that any time soon tho. 

WilliamShookspear
SmyslovFan wrote:

My perpetual goal is to reach ~250 points higher than my best, whatever that rating is. Currently, that means I'd like to reach +2400 USCF. I'm not likely to break that any time soon tho. 

Good luck IM Smyslov!

drmrboss

0 respect to both 1700 and your goal of 2000.They all play lousy moves and hang pieces as beginners, though the frequency is decreasing from frequently to less frequently. ( myself is being 2000 though). And I have 'zero OTB rating' though being 2000+ in here.

drmrboss

Additionally, I respect anyone who have even '100' or '200' or '1000' OTB rating as those are something I have never achieved in my life. 

SmyslovFan
drmrboss wrote:

0 respect to both 1700 and your goal of 2000.They all play lousy moves and hang pieces as beginners, though the frequency is decreasing from frequently to less frequently. ( myself is being 2000 though). And I have 'zero OTB rating' though being 2000+ in here.

The only ratings worth talking about are OTB ratings. 

Thanks, @WilliamShookspear, but even at 2400 USCF, I wouldn't be an IM. That'd be a nice dream tho.

drmrboss

I agreed. OTB are the real indicator of strength. But for some reasons, some people dont have ' time, money, or access to tournment location' etc and '0' OTB rating. 

drmrboss

I agreed. OTB are the real indicator of strength. But for some reasons, some people dont have ' time, money, or access to tournment location' etc and have '0' OTB rating. 

godsofhell1235
polebuster wrote:

Always wanted to reach this milestone  

Jeez, a lot of jerks in this topic.

Congrats on reaching 1700.

drmrboss
godsofhell1235 wrote:
polebuster wrote:

Lol, why lots of jerks? There were 8 people who showed their opinions, 2 people (including me) showed  disrespect/ disagreed. Do you mean those 2 people are jerks cos they disagreed?

AnuJoesph

1700 on Chess.com is 98th percentile according to this post on Reddit. So you're better than 98% of all people that play here. That's a pretty big achievement if you ask me and deserves a lot of respect.

AnuJoesph
drmrboss wrote:
godsofhell1235 wrote:
polebuster wrote:

Lol, why lots of jerks? There were 8 people who showed their opinions, 2 people (including me) showed  disrespect/ disagreed. Do you mean those 2 people are jerks cos they disagreed?

Yes, you noob.

drmrboss
AnuJoesph wrote:
drmrboss wrote:
godsofhell1235 wrote:
polebuster wrote:

Yes, you noob.

Lol, You are noob. Let me tell you something. If 10 people create 10 accounts  and play some blitz games from initial 1200 rating, one guy will get 2000. At the same time another 50 people open addition 50 account for daily chess, forum etc and their all accounts will be counted as 1200 blitz even if they dont play. And later there would be another 40 inactive accounts, closed accounts,  etc.

In short, 1 out of 10 ( 2000 rated player) automatically become 1 out of 100( and become 99%), due to those unreliable data.

Being myself as 2000 rated blitz, who is  just above average and knowing how terrible those 2000 rated opponents are , I know how bogus those stats are. ( I guess 2000 should be 80-90% at most)

godsofhell1235
drmrboss wrote:
godsofhell1235 wrote:
polebuster wrote:

Jeez I don't know. This is a really hard question. Our only hope is to fucking write a letter to Albert Einstein's ghost because this question is so fucking hard... I really don't think a single living person can answer it. Wow, great question. Really great question. You should be proud.

ilikewindmills
'1 out of 10 become 1 out of 100'

muah perfection true sign of knowledge
PowerfulGod

Average Bullet rating is 1038 and guys with 2000 says it's just an above average. alright. see you in next life.