Forums

Genius Novelty in Opening Theory!!!

Sort:
wtf_BobbyF

Novelty at Moves 7, 8 and 9... Enjoy and discuss if u like...

Casual_Joe

That's the most cromulent opening I've ever seen!

Casual_Joe

Hey pfren -- I think the "BA-DA-BOOM" commentary gives this away as a goof, not a real opening...

wtf_BobbyF
Casual_Joe wrote:

i googled cromulent to know if my possible improvement in opening theory was in fact cromulent... and i think it is... thank you

wtf_BobbyF
pfren wrote:

Ummm...

1. Does not look like genius.

2. Does not look like novelty.

3. Does not look like chess, either.

Since white played the lemon 6.Bd3 (which no serious player would even think about) what's wrong with the standard ...e5 plan, when white will lose a move (at least) to avoid the e5-e4 fork?

i apreciate your imput, but i think that 6.Bd3 is going to be hot in this new line

Casual_Joe
wtf_BobbyF wrote:
Casual_Joe wrote:

i googled cromulent to know if my possible improvement in opening theory was in fact cromulent... and i think it is... thank you

It's an old Simpson's reference -- "A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man."  "Embiggens -- is that a word?"  "It's a perfectly cromulent word!"

wtf_BobbyF
Casual_Joe wrote:
wtf_BobbyF wrote:
Casual_Joe wrote:

It's an old Simpson's reference -- "A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man."  "Embiggens -- is that a word?"  "It's a perfectly cromulent word!"

Its nice to know there are still true men's out there that quote The Simpsons... The kids this days only quote Family Guy

Boxwood-n-Ebony

We are never going to get back the calories that were used to view this mis-clicked game. 

wtf_BobbyF
Boxwood-n-Ebony wrote:

We are never going to get back the calories that were used to view this mis-clicked game. 

You dont get it because u lack the insight

HessianWarrior

Wild moves make for wild games, enjoy it while you can, but it will never be an opening.

learningthemoves

58 Rh3+

MrDamonSmith

Instead of Qxd3 you shoulda took with the K and tried to make a 1st down through the hole your linemen made on e4 after your tight end blocks the N on f6. What were ya thinking?

Boxwood-n-Ebony

I name this novelty "the Troll".