x
Chess - Play & Learn

Chess.com

FREE - In Google Play

FREE - in Win Phone Store

VIEW

How to become great chess player?

  • #101
    alexandros58 wrote:
    Conflagration_Planet wrote:
    alexandros58 wrote:

    Its not an excuse for me cause I am 18 years old and I am in the learning process of this sport for 5 to 6 months and neither I have played so many games.So I have not failed yet to need excuse.What I support is what I believe.And its simple logic really.Dont you believe that brain is a muscle and if you use him you imrove him.Science believes it...who are you to discard that?

    Of course you'll improve, but most people won't make GM, no matter what.

    I can't understand why you believe that...If we could check the IQ from every single of GM's...

    It's not high IQ in general. People have different talents in different things. I know a guy whose dumber than me, but he's a better musician than I would ever be.

  • #102

    i like it,i like it

  • #103
    Conflagration_Planet wrote:
    alexandros58 wrote:
    Conflagration_Planet wrote:
    alexandros58 wrote:

    Its not an excuse for me cause I am 18 years old and I am in the learning process of this sport for 5 to 6 months and neither I have played so many games.So I have not failed yet to need excuse.What I support is what I believe.And its simple logic really.Dont you believe that brain is a muscle and if you use him you imrove him.Science believes it...who are you to discard that?

    Of course you'll improve, but most people won't make GM, no matter what.

    I can't understand why you believe that...If we could check the IQ from every single of GM's...

    It's not high IQ in general. People have different talents in different things. I know a guy whose dumber than me, but he's a better musician than I would ever be.

    that is pretty contradicting. On the one hand you try to be diplomatic and say no you cant say its high in general but then you totally rude saying you can judge someone elses intelligence.

    I would assume that iq isnt the measure of intelligence anyway.

    Well i would still assume its safe to say when someone excells in something that involves the brain he is pretty smart.

  • #104
    TetsuoShima wrote:
    Conflagration_Planet wrote:
    alexandros58 wrote:
    Conflagration_Planet wrote:
    alexandros58 wrote:

    Its not an excuse for me cause I am 18 years old and I am in the learning process of this sport for 5 to 6 months and neither I have played so many games.So I have not failed yet to need excuse.What I support is what I believe.And its simple logic really.Dont you believe that brain is a muscle and if you use him you imrove him.Science believes it...who are you to discard that?

    Of course you'll improve, but most people won't make GM, no matter what.

    I can't understand why you believe that...If we could check the IQ from every single of GM's...

    It's not high IQ in general. People have different talents in different things. I know a guy whose dumber than me, but he's a better musician than I would ever be.

    that is pretty contradicting. On the one hand you try to be diplomatic and say no you cant say its high in general but then you totally rude saying you can judge someone elses intelligence.

    I would assume that iq isnt the measure of intelligence anyway.

    Well i would still assume its safe to say when someone excells in something that involves the brain he is pretty smart.

    I'm not trying to be diplomatic. I've known people who are great at one thing, and not worth a crap in others. Perhaps Magnus is great at chess, but couldn't paint a picture to save his life.

  • #105

    Well i dont know about Magnus, but why would someone need to paint a picture to save his life? Also in chess you have to look deeper and beyond the obvious, i think that is a skill you can use in many cases. In Business and on stock market.

     

    Anyway i definetly believe in contradiction to most people, chess makes you smarter in Business and in many other endeavours.

  • #106

    Have a well rounded study plan.Practice tactics and basic endgame.Then go over your games especially the losses .

  • #107

    Go to sleep and never wake up, works for me everytime :D

  • #108
    Abdallahkh wrote:

    Go to sleep and never wake up, works for me everytime :D

    So...are you a ghost then?

  • #109

    Yes, I am a ghost

  • #110

    I am following all advice on chess.com, and I am a diamond member, and doing tactics daily. I am also improving slowly, but sure. But what can i do to improve faster? I was around 1100, 5months ago, and now i am around 1300.

Top

Online Now