I withdraw from a tourny and lose rating points?

  • #1

    I joined a 5 min tourny, there were 24 players/ 7 rounds. When it started it becomes a 8 players/4 rounds, I withdraw and I lost points! Why? I didn't ask to participate in that tournament, why they put me in another tournament?

  • #2

    True

  • #3

    @Zerla: If you withdraw from a tournament when you have games in progress, the games are automatically resigned, and you lose points accordingly.

  • #4
    whirlwind2011 wrote:

    @Zerla: If you withdraw from a tournament when you have games in progress, the games are automatically resigned, and you lose points accordingly.

    Ok which part of "I didn't join that tournament" wasn't clear? If I'm in a 7 rounds tournament, with 24 people, and you decide to throw me in a 4 rounds tournament, with 8 people, I do believe I have the right to withdraw without losing points, because I didn't join it. Otherwise you are just playing cheap trick to lure people into tournaments they don't want to play.

  • #5

    I too joined a tournament and respectfully finished up the games i was in the middle of then withdrew from the games i hadn't made a move on, but unfortunately i still lost points. 

  • #6

    Look it did it again, maybe there is a problem with the site.

    I joined another tourny 15 minutes/ 5 rounds (1200-1499), there were 26 players, and then I got bumped into a 15 minutes open tournament with 14 players, withdrew and lost points again.

    I don't believe it is fair. Not going to play here if they cheat so openly.

  • #7

    @OP: If you were thrown into another tournament, it might have been to adjust for rating brackets or fair pairings, or some logistical matter as that. I'm not very familiar with Live tournaments yet.

    Can someone more familiar with Live tournaments than I provide assistance?

  • #8
    Zerla wrote:

    Ok which part of "I didn't join that tournament" wasn't clear? If I'm in a 7 rounds tournament, with 24 people, and you decide to throw me in a 4 rounds tournament, with 8 people, I do believe I have the right to withdraw without losing points, because I didn't join it. Otherwise you are just playing cheap trick to lure people into tournaments they don't want to play.

    Do you think it might be possible that 16 people withdrew from the tournament you joined after you joined it? After all, that's exactly what you did.

  • #9
    Y_Ddraig_Goch wrote:
    Zerla wrote:

    Ok which part of "I didn't join that tournament" wasn't clear? If I'm in a 7 rounds tournament, with 24 people, and you decide to throw me in a 4 rounds tournament, with 8 people, I do believe I have the right to withdraw without losing points, because I didn't join it. Otherwise you are just playing cheap trick to lure people into tournaments they don't want to play.

    Do you think it might be possible that 16 people withdrew from the tournament you joined after you joined it? After all, that's exactly what you did.

    No, because I was in a 1200-1499 tournament, and I found myself in an open (1500+) tournament. And the second time happened again. From the few data I have, I believe it is related to the number of people playing in a tournament. Maybe the site cannot handle tourneys with more than 24 players. But then again, what I'm asking is simple, if I get thrown out to a tournament with just 8 players, ask me if I still want to play in that tournament.

    Just to be clear I withdrew when I realized it was not the same tournament.

  • #10

    Maybe YOU have a bug.  Have you contacted your OEM to see about any fixes or updates?  Is your driver out of date?  Your hairstyle?

  • #11

    I was about to ask the same question... Do you have crazy hair? Cool

  • #12
    Estragon wrote:

    Maybe YOU have a bug.  Have you contacted your OEM to see about any fixes or updates?  Is your driver out of date?  Your hairstyle?

    Do you really believe that a personal attack is going to improve this site for its users?

  • #13
    bestovalltime wrote:

    That's wot u get for being a coward and withdrawing cuz u were overmatched lol

    It is not a question of being overmatched, but I do understand that being a troll and not having a life is your lifestyle. Obviously this doesn't help chess.com if they really want to offer "tournaments" as part of their services to people who could buy a membership.

  • #14

    Tonight I also joined a tourny, and like the previous night, just before to start, it kicked me from a 24 players/7 rounds  tournament to a 8 players tournament/4 rounds. Maybe the error in the programming is a constant which says that the tournament cannot have more than 24 participants.  But is it possible that only I have noticed it?

Top
or Join

Online Now