ICOFY Chess Database - Where?

monk64

I was watching some YouTube videos on SCID and they mention the ICOFY database, which has ~5 million PGN games.

Unfortunately, I can't find it anywhere.  The original site (icofy-blog.de) is gone.  The sourceforge site does not have any files for download.  Some googling just finds links to the original site.

Is there any place this can still be downloaded?

EscherehcsE

Yeah, it looks like it's no longer maintained. I have a copy from early 2012, but nothing more recent. I found a 2014 copy in the Wayback machine, but it seems only a part of the database was saved (it stopped at 200 MB), so the download was worthless.

I don't really use these databases, so I don't know which ones are good and which ones are not as good. Maybe you could use one of those other databases?

EscherehcsE

Some other games databases I know of (but never used) are:

1) MillBase for Scid:  http://katar.weebly.com/index.html

2) KingBase:  http://www.kingbase-chess.net/

3) MillionBase 2.2:  http://www.top-5000.nl/pgn.htm

4) TWIC 1-1026:  http://gorgonian.weebly.com/pgn.html

 

Even though it's not very recent, if you'd like a copy of the 2012 ICOFY Base (Release 12.1 dated Jan 11, 2012 - about 4.4 million games), let me know, and I might be able to upload it. I have the database in PGN, Scid, and Chess Assistant formats. With the free upload service I use, I'd have to figure out how to split the file into two uploads, but I think I could do it without too much trouble.

Ziryab

I sometimes consider reducing my ChessBase database from its 5.5+ million games to only games between masters, or at least 2000+. The problem is that games played by masters before the days of ratings would be eliminated.

monomero

I uploaded on Dropbox a copy of 1420

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/19650235/1420SCID.zip

tazz_2004

I have the last two updates IB1421-IB1422

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4g0c5i5qc7xytyx/IB1421.7z?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qy40uu1ozjxifrw/IB1422.7z?dl=0

liberd

Thanks for the databases!

And for mobile phones? I found Chessbase has free database for navigate in a browser but mobile version its pay. What I found free in mobile its Aliyat Chess... look pretty good for now.

Thanks

stefan296
monomero wrote:

I uploaded on Dropbox a copy of 1420

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/19650235/1420SCID.zip

I downloaded the last two updates but the link for the db (1420) doesn't work anymore... 

monomero
stefan296 wrote:
monomero wrote:

I uploaded on Dropbox a copy of 1420

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/19650235/1420SCID.zip

I downloaded the last two updates but the link for the db (1420) doesn't work anymore... 

I deleted the file by mistake and lost it.

Millbase (see above the post from EscherehcsE) as today is actually a better solution.

 

ed1975
Ziryab wrote:

I sometimes consider reducing my ChessBase database from its 5.5+ million games to only games between masters, or at least 2000+. The problem is that games played by masters before the days of ratings would be eliminated.

This. I have a 7.8-million-game DB.

EscherehcsE

I uploaded the ICOfY Base 12.1 in PGN format to Wikisend. The download links are only good for 6 more days, then they die. I realize that this database is 5 years old, but I had a request to upload them, and I figured that as long as they're available for 6 more days, I'd post the links here in case anyone else is interested.

Don't use a download manager - Just use "Save File". Once all of the files are downloaded, put them all in one folder and double-click on the "1210PGN.exe" file to start the extraction. (This is a 7Zip split self-extracting file.) Once extracted, there will be 5 separate PGN files corresponding to ECO A-E.

There are 7 parts. Here are the download links:

http://wikisend.com/download/792984/1210PGN.7z.001
http://wikisend.com/download/221778/1210PGN.7z.002
http://wikisend.com/download/610108/1210PGN.7z.003
http://wikisend.com/download/356018/1210PGN.7z.004
http://wikisend.com/download/888464/1210PGN.7z.005
http://wikisend.com/download/477216/1210PGN.7z.006
http://wikisend.com/download/441486/1210PGN.exe


Here are the MD5 Hashes, which can be used to verify file integrity:

1210PGN.7z.001 - 3B8A999D8C245A086197DEA6182761D0
1210PGN.7z.002 - 22D04E6987E13B78F6A2C801389C6938
1210PGN.7z.003 - 59C89F359E70EAAC65FF8A4EE2624989
1210PGN.7z.004 - 87C305CF64E006394B9D5195EA825A4A
1210PGN.7z.005 - 89D609CF09661257197AC84CE87149BF
1210PGN.7z.006 - 1C9EFF38E8024B0528B1056F6438643E
1210PGN.exe    - 03BF51BD5204177F873B6097812EE069

 

P.S. - I also have the database in Scid and Chess Assistant formats; If anyone needs these formats, I might be persuaded to upload them, also.

Beka_xD
EscherehcsE wrote:

I uploaded the ICOfY Base 12.1 in PGN format to Wikisend. The download links are only good for 6 more days, then they die. I realize that this database is 5 years old, but I had a request to upload them, and I figured that as long as they're available for 6 more days, I'd post the links here in case anyone else is interested.

Don't use a download manager - Just use "Save File". Once all of the files are downloaded, put them all in one folder and double-click on the "1210PGN.exe" file to start the extraction. (This is a 7Zip split self-extracting file.) Once extracted, there will be 5 separate PGN files corresponding to ECO A-E.

There are 7 parts. Here are the download links:

http://wikisend.com/download/792984/1210PGN.7z.001
http://wikisend.com/download/221778/1210PGN.7z.002
http://wikisend.com/download/610108/1210PGN.7z.003
http://wikisend.com/download/356018/1210PGN.7z.004
http://wikisend.com/download/888464/1210PGN.7z.005
http://wikisend.com/download/477216/1210PGN.7z.006
http://wikisend.com/download/441486/1210PGN.exe


Here are the MD5 Hashes, which can be used to verify file integrity:

1210PGN.7z.001 - 3B8A999D8C245A086197DEA6182761D0
1210PGN.7z.002 - 22D04E6987E13B78F6A2C801389C6938
1210PGN.7z.003 - 59C89F359E70EAAC65FF8A4EE2624989
1210PGN.7z.004 - 87C305CF64E006394B9D5195EA825A4A
1210PGN.7z.005 - 89D609CF09661257197AC84CE87149BF
1210PGN.7z.006 - 1C9EFF38E8024B0528B1056F6438643E
1210PGN.exe    - 03BF51BD5204177F873B6097812EE069

 

P.S. - I also have the database in Scid and Chess Assistant formats; If anyone needs these formats, I might be persuaded to upload them, also.

Hello, Can you upload scid format, please?

EscherehcsE
Beka_xD wrote:
EscherehcsE wrote:

I uploaded the ICOfY Base 12.1 in PGN format to Wikisend. The download links are only good for 6 more days, then they die. I realize that this database is 5 years old, but I had a request to upload them, and I figured that as long as they're available for 6 more days, I'd post the links here in case anyone else is interested.

Don't use a download manager - Just use "Save File". Once all of the files are downloaded, put them all in one folder and double-click on the "1210PGN.exe" file to start the extraction. (This is a 7Zip split self-extracting file.) Once extracted, there will be 5 separate PGN files corresponding to ECO A-E.

There are 7 parts. Here are the download links:

http://wikisend.com/download/792984/1210PGN.7z.001
http://wikisend.com/download/221778/1210PGN.7z.002
http://wikisend.com/download/610108/1210PGN.7z.003
http://wikisend.com/download/356018/1210PGN.7z.004
http://wikisend.com/download/888464/1210PGN.7z.005
http://wikisend.com/download/477216/1210PGN.7z.006
http://wikisend.com/download/441486/1210PGN.exe


Here are the MD5 Hashes, which can be used to verify file integrity:

1210PGN.7z.001 - 3B8A999D8C245A086197DEA6182761D0
1210PGN.7z.002 - 22D04E6987E13B78F6A2C801389C6938
1210PGN.7z.003 - 59C89F359E70EAAC65FF8A4EE2624989
1210PGN.7z.004 - 87C305CF64E006394B9D5195EA825A4A
1210PGN.7z.005 - 89D609CF09661257197AC84CE87149BF
1210PGN.7z.006 - 1C9EFF38E8024B0528B1056F6438643E
1210PGN.exe    - 03BF51BD5204177F873B6097812EE069

 

P.S. - I also have the database in Scid and Chess Assistant formats; If anyone needs these formats, I might be persuaded to upload them, also.

Hello, Can you upload scid format, please?

Hi - I believe I can do that. I don't remember how long the process takes - And I'm not sure how much free time I'll have  - It might be a few hours or a day or two, but I'll definitely get it uploaded.

EscherehcsE

OK, I just uploaded the ICOfY Base 12.1 in Scid format to Sendspace. The download links are good for at least 30 days. For free Sendspace users, there is a 300 MB hourly download limit, and I think there's also a 1 GB daily download limit. (You'll probably have to wait an hour to get the last download.)

Just click on the blue "Download" button; You don't have to create an account or give any information. When the browser's download box appears, just choose the "Save File" option, as Sendspace doesn't work with download managers.

Once all five files are downloaded, put them all in one folder and double-click on the "1210SCID.exe" file to start the extraction. (This is a 7-Zip split, self-extracting file.)

There are 5 parts. Here are the download links:

https://www.sendspace.com/file/4rwo6p
https://www.sendspace.com/file/48pzyv
https://www.sendspace.com/file/h2tyvc
https://www.sendspace.com/file/cp34b2
https://www.sendspace.com/file/0t32q6


Here are the MD5 hashes, which can be used to verify file integrity after downloading:

1210SCID.7z.001 - D67F91F7C87589240E2BD951C74B392A
1210SCID.7z.002 - FFA574870F77AEFDC8B8034DAF831EF3
1210SCID.7z.003 - F220E61F5B14B4D3B86C7A069DF5F955
1210SCID.7z.004 - 27DBFFC49E8F2CB3F4A94DC542AF8E65
1210SCID.exe     - 03BF51BD5204177F873B6097812EE069


And here are the MD5 hashes of the extracted Scid files:

IB1210.sg4 - 3E5A14DF4BD593EB2B6777726FE3E478
IB1210.si4 - 1E2976FEDE096B7692F17846584A8922
IB1210.sn4 - 69D7818355203ABE2A4290B0A7BD6D36

Beka_xD
EscherehcsE wrote:

OK, I just uploaded the ICOfY Base 12.1 in Scid format to Sendspace. The download links are good for at least 30 days. For free Sendspace users, there is a 300 MB hourly download limit, and I think there's also a 1 GB daily download limit. (You'll probably have to wait an hour to get the last download.)

Just click on the blue "Download" button; You don't have to create an account or give any information. When the browser's download box appears, just choose the "Save File" option, as Sendspace doesn't work with download managers.

Once all five files are downloaded, put them all in one folder and double-click on the "1210SCID.exe" file to start the extraction. (This is a 7-Zip split, self-extracting file.)

There are 5 parts. Here are the download links:

https://www.sendspace.com/file/4rwo6p
https://www.sendspace.com/file/48pzyv
https://www.sendspace.com/file/h2tyvc
https://www.sendspace.com/file/cp34b2
https://www.sendspace.com/file/0t32q6


Here are the MD5 hashes, which can be used to verify file integrity after downloading:

1210SCID.7z.001 - D67F91F7C87589240E2BD951C74B392A
1210SCID.7z.002 - FFA574870F77AEFDC8B8034DAF831EF3
1210SCID.7z.003 - F220E61F5B14B4D3B86C7A069DF5F955
1210SCID.7z.004 - 27DBFFC49E8F2CB3F4A94DC542AF8E65
1210SCID.exe     - 03BF51BD5204177F873B6097812EE069


And here are the MD5 hashes of the extracted Scid files:

IB1210.sg4 - 3E5A14DF4BD593EB2B6777726FE3E478
IB1210.si4 - 1E2976FEDE096B7692F17846584A8922
IB1210.sn4 - 69D7818355203ABE2A4290B0A7BD6D36

Thank you so much ^_^