Forums

I'd like to understand Aborting

Sort:
EmeraldSpecter

I can't find any official rules about when someone can abort a game.  I understand that if there is an accidental challenge accepted or game started... but can someone abort an Online Chess game more than 2 or 3 moves into the game?

I have reason to believe that I was involved in a game with someone who aborted it after move 7 or 8, which I don't think is right to be able to do without adverse affects to the player doing the aborting.

I may be wrong, of course, but I can find no evidence of our previously active game but I believe it to be the game where I was winning (only just) and that makes me concerned.

Irontiger
LimeFlavored wrote:

I can't find any official rules about when someone can abort a game.  I understand that if there is an accidental challenge accepted or game started... but can someone abort an Online Chess game more than 2 or 3 moves into the game?

I don't think so. You can always resign, but not abort during games. What you describe sounds weird.

Scottrf

IIRC you can abort after making 2 moves, but not 3. Certainly not 7.

EmeraldSpecter

Then maybe I'm thinking of a different game... in any case, I dnon't have any means of verification, so I don't know for sure.

But, if someone makes move 3, the abort option should be gone?

amjustaPawn25
. You can always resign, but not abort during games. 

hmm.. i'm encountering this. resigned but it says i aborted.

Pat_Zerr

After move 2, the abort button disappears and is replaced by the resign button.

Pat_Zerr

Oh and isn't it set up here where if you constantly abort games they put you on a restriction for a while?  Like to stop people who keep aborting games if they play as black?