x
Chess - Play & Learn

Chess.com

FREE - In Google Play

FREE - in Win Phone Store

VIEW

Life-time diamond membership option

  • #61
    woodshover wrote:

    http://www.dumdumpops.com/    This is the image that should be displyed beside a life time member's avatar.


     That would not make people want to buy it!

  • #62
    woodshover wrote:
    Windows-7_ wrote:
    woodshover wrote:
    Windows-7_ wrote:

    I'm basing my price estimate over this:

    Lifetime from the time most can pay for it is about 70 years at most. 70 x $95.88=$6711.60 for lifetime. Given that Chess.com gives discounts for longer periods I would say $5000 is a reasonable price.

    But more important is that longer subscriptions than 1 year are needed-chessgames.com gives out 2- and 3- year subscriptions.


     Nobody is going to pay 5,000 for a life time membership. Nobody is going to be on this site for fifty years.


    Another reason why Chess.com doesn't sell these.

    ( @Beester:Please take that down!)


     No club or organanization bases their cost of a life time membership on what the next 50 years of an annual membership would cost. The next FEW years yes, but NEVER anywhere near fifty.


     This is the reason why it isn't offered! This is why subscriptions are never longer than a few years! But Chess.com's subscriptions need to be longer!

  • #63
    Windows-7_ wrote:
    woodshover wrote:
    Windows-7_ wrote:
    woodshover wrote:
    Windows-7_ wrote:

    I'm basing my price estimate over this:

    Lifetime from the time most can pay for it is about 70 years at most. 70 x $95.88=$6711.60 for lifetime. Given that Chess.com gives discounts for longer periods I would say $5000 is a reasonable price.

    But more important is that longer subscriptions than 1 year are needed-chessgames.com gives out 2- and 3- year subscriptions.


     Nobody is going to pay 5,000 for a life time membership. Nobody is going to be on this site for fifty years.


    Another reason why Chess.com doesn't sell these.

    ( @Beester:Please take that down!)


     No club or organanization bases their cost of a life time membership on what the next 50 years of an annual membership would cost. The next FEW years yes, but NEVER anywhere near fifty.


     This is the reason why it isn't offered! This is why subscriptions are never longer than a few years! But Chess.com's subscriptions need to be longer!


     Eric stated in one of these posts that people could have a life time membership for $599.00.

  • #64
    woodshover wrote:
    Windows-7_ wrote:
    woodshover wrote:
    Windows-7_ wrote:
    woodshover wrote:
    Windows-7_ wrote:

    I'm basing my price estimate over this:

    Lifetime from the time most can pay for it is about 70 years at most. 70 x $95.88=$6711.60 for lifetime. Given that Chess.com gives discounts for longer periods I would say $5000 is a reasonable price.

    But more important is that longer subscriptions than 1 year are needed-chessgames.com gives out 2- and 3- year subscriptions.


     Nobody is going to pay 5,000 for a life time membership. Nobody is going to be on this site for fifty years.


    Another reason why Chess.com doesn't sell these.

    ( @Beester:Please take that down!)


     No club or organanization bases their cost of a life time membership on what the next 50 years of an annual membership would cost. The next FEW years yes, but NEVER anywhere near fifty.


     This is the reason why it isn't offered! This is why subscriptions are never longer than a few years! But Chess.com's subscriptions need to be longer!


     Eric stated in one of these posts that people could have a life time membership for $599.00.


     Do you think he was serious? If he did it would be a new option on chess.com/membership.html .

  • #65

    Do I get a refund if I die?

  • #66
    I get your refund if you die. This post powered by jhbchess!
  • #67
    woodshover wrote:

    http://www.dumdumpops.com/    This is the image that should be displyed beside a life time member's avatar.


     Yes I think he was serious, and he should use this symbol for life time members.

  • #68

    They already have this option. :)

  • #69
    woodshover wrote:
    woodshover wrote:

    http://www.dumdumpops.com/    This is the image that should be displyed beside a life time member's avatar.


     Yes I think he was serious, and he should use this symbol for life time members.


    In no way should he use that!

  • #70
    Windows-7_ wrote:
    woodshover wrote:
    woodshover wrote:

    http://www.dumdumpops.com/    This is the image that should be displayed beside a life time member's avatar.


     Yes I think he was serious, and he should use this symbol for life time members.


    In no way should he use that!


     T first you said they should use it. The reason I don't think it's a good deal is because there isn't enough Chess Mentor to last near that long, and that was the main reason I got a diamond membership.

  • #71
    woodshover wrote:
    Windows-7_ wrote:
    woodshover wrote:
    woodshover wrote:

    http://www.dumdumpops.com/    This is the image that should be displayed beside a life time member's avatar.


     Yes I think he was serious, and he should use this symbol for life time members.


    In no way should he use that!


     T first you said they should use it. The reason I don't think it's a good deal is because there isn't enough Chess Mentor to last near that long, and that was the main reason I got a diamond membership.


    I think Chess Mentor courses need to be made more often and w/o duplicate lessons! More diamond features!

  • #72
    woodshover wrote:
    woodshover wrote:

    http://www.dumdumpops.com/    This is the image that should be displayed beside a life time member's avatar.


     Yes I think he was serious, and he should use this symbol for life time members.


  • #73
    woodshover wrote:
    woodshover wrote:
    woodshover wrote:

    http://www.dumdumpops.com/    This is the image that should be displayed beside a life time member's avatar.


     Yes I think he was serious, and he should use this symbol for life time members.



    He isn't serious at all. Life-time diamond members should just get a bigger diamond or something-the lolly-pops thingie is humiliating.

  • #74
    Windows-7_ wrote:
    woodshover wrote:
    woodshover wrote:
    woodshover wrote:

    http://www.dumdumpops.com/    This is the image that should be displayed beside a life time member's avatar.


     Yes I think he was serious, and he should use this symbol for life time members.



    He isn't serious at all. Life-time diamond members should just get a bigger diamond or something-the lolly-pops thingie is humiliating.


     waffles?

  • #75

    He's serious.

  • #76
    woodshover wrote:

    He's serious.


    Prove it.

  • #77

    Prove he wasn't. He came on here, and made the offer, and didn't say he was kidding. He was serious.

  • #78

    The amount should be much less than the estimates here.  You have to calculate these sort of things using time-value of money.  $95.88 per year.  Let's just make a random guess at interest (say 6%).  Let's say your lifetime membership is estimated at 20 years.

    Annuity = $95.88 per month

    Number of periods (n)= 20

    rate (r)= 6%

    PV(Annuity) = Annuity/r * [(1-1/(1+r)^n)]

    = 95.88 / 0.06 * [(1-1/1.06^20)]

    is about $1,100

    The $599 is actually a really fantastic deal

  • #79
    NoManner wrote:

    The amount should be much less than the estimates here.  You have to calculate these sort of things using time-value of money.  $95.88 per year.  Let's just make a random guess at interest (say 6%).  Let's say your lifetime membership is estimated at 20 years.

    Annuity = $95.88 per month

    Number of periods (n)= 20

    rate (r)= 6%

    PV(Annuity) = Annuity/r * [(1-1/(1+r)^n)]

    = 95.88 / 0.06 * [(1-1/1.06^20)]

    is about $1,100

    The $599 is actually a really fantastic deal


     Then take advantage of it.

  • #80
    woodshover wrote:
    NoManner wrote:

    The amount should be much less than the estimates here.  You have to calculate these sort of things using time-value of money.  $95.88 per year.  Let's just make a random guess at interest (say 6%).  Let's say your lifetime membership is estimated at 20 years.

    Annuity = $95.88 per month

    Number of periods (n)= 20

    rate (r)= 6%

    PV(Annuity) = Annuity/r * [(1-1/(1+r)^n)]

    = 95.88 / 0.06 * [(1-1/1.06^20)]

    is about $1,100

    The $599 is actually a really fantastic deal


     Then take advantage of it.


    Nice logic.  You don't know it but these sort of calculations are really important.  How about actually trying to learn something instead of leaving useless comments?

Top

Online Now