Forums

Myth or Message??

Sort:
kama-COFFEE08
[COMMENT DELETED]
aadaam

When ANYTHING (chess,tennis, guitar playing) is taken to an extremely high level it could be said to be building spiritual strength as well as mental (I wouldn't say so though). Whether it does or not, chess is no different from anything else in this respect.

xMenace
iwi20 wrote:

i believe that chess builds spiritual strength as well as mental.. what are your thoughts?

Only when you learn not to cheat, abuse vacation, and play out lost games ... grasshoppa.

Sconsc

There's no such thing as spiritual strength.

Gin7
rich wrote:

My power is in my hair.

HAAHHAHAH nice one =P.

there's no such thing as spiritual strength, I agree there with sconsc.. And chess does open the mind: intelligence, patterns recognition and stuff.

orangehonda

Also when one Becomes deeply Spiritual you will experience the effect of Random Capitalization of words as you Type.

A-232
orangehonda wrote:

Also when one Becomes deeply Spiritual you will experience the affect of Random Capitalization of words as you Type.

This made my day.

Mainline_Novelty

come on

wait for it...

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

thErE!!!

wOOhOo

I goT sPIriTual sTREngth!

kama-COFFEE08
kid_of_chess wrote:

come on

wait for it...

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

thErE!!!

wOOhOo

I goT sPIriTual sTREngth!

good! it's a good thing to have kid

FlowerFlowers

I can see how chess improves mental strength ..I guess, but how does it improve your spiritual strength iwi?

trigs

i don't know what spiritual strength means. unless it has something to do with religion and religious belief. if yes, then no chess doesn't build spiritual strength at all.

Natalia_Pogonina

I also believe that Smile

kama-COFFEE08

a lot of you have really good insight. i don't know what i was thinking spiritual strength is since it was posted in Aug. 2007.

now, i believe chess makes you take too long deciding things! lol

it gives you strengths and weaknesses