Forums

Pls gimme some tips on how to improve at classical chess (from 2000 to 2200 USCF)

Sort:
kleong12
Trophies100 wrote:

I think ur doing great rn lmao

nah I’m untilted but I’m still untitled

kleong12

bump

B1ZMARK

yeah id like some tips too i just lost 33 points and my coach told me to learn "professional openings" because I'm "losing the advantage with white" and "losing with black"

kleong12
B1ZMARK wrote:

yeah id like some tips too i just lost 33 points and my coach told me to learn "professional openings" because I'm "losing the advantage with white" and "losing with black"

well if I’m “losing the advantage with white” i wouldn’t have beaten an IM otb with the scotch four knights

kleong12
B1ZMARK wrote:

and I played the stonewall as black against an FM and drew. honestly I think it’s more important to not blunder

kleong12

i still need help gaining the last 43 points to nm tho

BulletM4st3r

shut up 

chaotikitat

Don’t ask me I’m your local provisional rated player >_<
Sleep 8 hours, get sponsored by fiji water, have a salad I guess

You already do this though so

puzzles >.>

B1ZMARK
kleong12 wrote:
B1ZMARK wrote:

and I played the stonewall as black against an FM and drew. honestly I think it’s more important to not blunder

yeah i was better vs an im too (my score is 1 win 2 losses vs the im) but my main problem is that my openings are subpar and i have to defend and outplay people a lot more than necessary, which is probably a terrible approach to playing against lower rated people

I agree that it's important to not blunder, it takes precedent over openings

B1ZMARK
BulletM4st3r wrote:

shut up 

skull

realraptor

Good luck.

Have you gone through the Polgar 5534 problems book?

Trophies100

I need help i'm plateaued 

B1ZMARK
Trophies100 wrote:

I need help i'm plateaued 

helicopter

drmrboss
kleong12 wrote:

Title

Sorry, I dont play Classical.

BulletM4st3r
drmrboss wrote: