Forums

R database players scared of playing real chess?

Sort:
frankyyy27

about time cc started apprecciating the lesser player

frankyyy27

Mmm.....i love chess....most sports have rules.....always bent by bad spirtsman

frankyyy27

I was told by a pal most users on here r english.....makes me feel sick and ashamed..im vorn here but glad im born to irish parents..:(

Conquistador
frankyyy27 wrote:

Cant be policed I know...but should'nt b condoned....b nice to see cc give a aid free option

The option is available >>>livechess

Your welcome.

Talfan1

many lady lumps said you are on your own here franky i am here to tell you this aint true i will always support those who fight against the use of progs in chess yours in honourable play Talfan 1 supporter of the Anti-Prog League

frankyyy27

Thanks talfan...im correct ur help not needed..but appriciated..:)

Talfan1

cool good luck and most importantly good chess to you frankyyy

frankyyy27

Conq.....my phone and me no good with computers...cc and cellufun only sites I can get chess thanks also..:)

Time4Tea
frankyyy27 wrote:

yep...so ur all cheating v me...:(....just want cc to create a aid free optiin...most people who chat on here r avid chess fans..and as such use a db..the silent majority just play chess

I think one of the things I like about online chess is that access to the opening book neutralizes the advantage of those people who just spend all their time memorizing a ton of opening lines and traps.  Isn't that just as cheesy?  Bobby Fisher complained that chess was decending into rote memorization of opening lines and it was killing 'real chess'.  That's why he created 960, which bypasses the opening altogether - you could give that a try?

Btw, most 'real chess' is played in the middlegame and endgame, not the opening ...

Ziryab

frankyyy27, you are a child. You keep repeating things that are false, that others have slowly and carefully explained to you are false.

You want a pool of players who wish to play handicapped correspondence. Fine. Make your request in http://www.chess.com/forum/category/suggestions.

Stop making up statistics. I was willing to acknowledge that your 80% was a plausible hypothesis, but not for the reasons that you imagine. 5% is utter nonsense.

Stop referring to database use as cheating. That only makes you appear stupid and then leads to closed threads.

Bad sportmanship is precisely your mode here. You will not make the effort to develop the requisite skills to play correspondence chess well, so you rail against those who do.

You are like the (American) football coach who wants his team to play without helmets because they are expensive.

camter

Look, frankyy217, if you think I am going to put my dogeared 11th edition of MCO away when I play Turn-based Chess, well I am not. And, anyhow it is written in Code, which you would not know how to translate, and so you could never prove it. And besides, it has lines which have become "obsolete" and they are the ones that often win!

frankyyy27

yep...chess the name of this game...im no champ...more a chump...but I love it

frankyyy27

time tea..by the way most chess in ur world bypasses the opening..its all connected

frankyyy27

yep camter...use ur books to study..ive no problems with that...but ingame I reckon its cheating ti use

Ziryab
frankyyy27 wrote:

yep camter...use ur books to study..ive no problems with that...but ingame I reckon its cheating ti use

It's not.

frankyyy27

zirab this child says ur a coward...yes u challenged me..yes ur winning..but u said no rating..ur a pussy..i resign...lets play man to man..mmmmm

frankyyy27

¿

Ziryab
frankyyy27 wrote:

zirab this child says ur a coward...yes u challenged me..yes ur winning..but u said no rating..ur a pussy..i resign...lets play man to man..mmmmm

Learn to spell my name.

frankyyy27

As a betting man I know u'll cheat...

TheGreatOogieBoogie

It isn't cheating since there are countless free databases that everyone has access too.  If boxer A and boxer B both put metal in their gloves then are they still cheating?  According to official rules yes, but practically they're leveling the playing field... but still think they're cheating as they're unaware the other is using the same dirty tactic.  It's different because a boxing federation can check gloves before a match, a chess server can't tell your memory apart from a book.  It wouldn't be fair to someone who studied an opening to be flagged as a cheater.