Rudeness - rejecting friend requests

  • #101
    Irontiger wrote:
    Perfect_Idiot wrote:
    Victor-Servranckx wrote:

    Can someone explain what the advantage is of being friends here? I have none and consider myself therefore a friend of all. What is gained by putting somebody in a list?

    You can challenge them to a live game. Also its more fun to taunt them if you win because they can't so easily disappear.

    Hmm... I think I can see an issue here, apart from the psychopathic look.

    Forgive me for laughing so hard... It's the psychopatic look... That is called stalking, perfect idiot, you are aware of that, right?

  • #102
    red-lady wrote:
    Irontiger wrote:
    Perfect_Idiot wrote:
    Victor-Servranckx wrote:

    Can someone explain what the advantage is of being friends here? I have none and consider myself therefore a friend of all. What is gained by putting somebody in a list?

    You can challenge them to a live game. Also its more fun to taunt them if you win because they can't so easily disappear.

    Hmm... I think I can see an issue here, apart from the psychopathic look.

    Forgive me for laughing so hard... It's the psychopatic look... That is called stalking, perfect idiot, you are aware of that, right?

    I wasn't being serious of course...duh! Its called humour ...thats my nature I like smiling a lot Laughing

  • #103

    they have every right, i only allow people i know to be my friend

  • #104

    I've rejected quite a few friend's requests on this site, usually because they're too young but I always send a separate message afterwards to thank them & explain why I'm unable to accept - that's just good manners.

    Of course it would be really useful if the request itself had a messaging facility built in but no-one seems to have thought of that!

  • #105
    stephen_33 wrote:

    I've rejected quite a few friend's requests on this site, usually because they're too young but I always send a separate message afterwards to thank them & explain why I'm unable to accept - that's just good manners.

    Of course it would be really useful if the request itself had a messaging facility built in but no-one seems to have thought of that!

    Isn't it the case ?

  • #106

    i need all the friends i can get. if someone wants to be my friend just send in the request. guaranteed no refusals!

  • #107
    DrFrank124c wrote:

    i need all the friends i can get. if someone wants to be my friend just send in the request. guaranteed no refusals!

    You already have 82 friends - how many more do you want?    Laughing

  • #108

    I never had a Facebook account, but now I begin to grasp the fascination some people seem to have with it ...

    I'd never turn down a friend request either, btw.

  • #109

    TheBigDecline, what possible fascination could you possibly derive from facebook, unless you are a person that is intellectually and emotionally deprived? It's full of idiots for goodness sake, who talk all day about inconsequential rubbish as if any of it were important. I'd rather someone tie me in a chair and prop my eyes open with matchsticks and force me to watch Jeremy Kyle than start usining the facebook site again. (I kicked it into touch years ago.)

  • #110

    Your opponent is your enemy - after all he or she is after your king, not your companionship!

  • #111

    Speak for yourself Lewis. I come on this site to play chess. I do know what you are saying has a ring of truth to it though. I have a female friend that I've known for years, long before this website was even in existence. She isn't all that pretty, yet she gets lots of guys trying to hit on her here.

  • #112

    well , nothing personal , maybe they just didn't see your request or maybe they don't wanna be busy by accepting friend request ( they just wanna go to live chess directly) .. ,

or Join

Online Now