Forums

Suggestion: Ban the Caro-Kann Defense

Sort:
CaroKannEnjoyer02

To all yall saying that caro is best opening according to stockfish:

Stockfish is known for having very... goofy opening opinions. Also, openings are a matter of taste. In my opinion, french, caro, open game, they are all equal. It is just a matter of taste.

Contemplat3d

Play the Accelerated Panov, Gives you a good win rate

CoDCVN

In my opinion, Caro Kann is descent. I think this is soild for begineer like me. The only problem with caro kann is the advance variation can be a bit hard to play so i just invented a variation. This is the advance, en passent variation.

BombCraft
KieferSmith wrote:
BombCraft wrote:
KieferSmith wrote:

Oh wait, you're still using Stockfish. That explains it.

stockfisj is #1

So how did Stockfish get CRUSHED by Torch?!?

when? cc's post about torch says torch is the new #2 engine

KieferSmith

And that was, like, months and months ago? Do you realize how rapidly this computer is improving??

Renownedwarrior095
KieferSmith wrote:

And that was, like, months and months ago? Do you realize how rapidly this computer is improving??

No, cause it can't be perfect

MegaZX_1
AngryPuffer wrote:
KieferSmith wrote:

EXPLAIN THIS

my brain is dead

KieferSmith
BombCraft wrote:
Chessflyfisher wrote:

In my club I have banned gambits even in informal games. There is a list of many forbidden openings. I know, there may be legal challenges to this policy but we are maintaining the "purity" of proper Chess. We just proposed a rule that a minimum of 1 e4 and 1...c6 openings must be played. Sometimes we do practice democracy but I'm mainly a benevolent dictator who demands love for my decisions.

Ban c6, e5/e6/d5/c5 are the B E S T

And in your second post you also wanted to ban the French Defense????

MegaZX_1
KieferSmith wrote:
BombCraft wrote:
Chessflyfisher wrote:

In my club I have banned gambits even in informal games. There is a list of many forbidden openings. I know, there may be legal challenges to this policy but we are maintaining the "purity" of proper Chess. We just proposed a rule that a minimum of 1 e4 and 1...c6 openings must be played. Sometimes we do practice democracy but I'm mainly a benevolent dictator who demands love for my decisions.

Ban c6, e5/e6/d5/c5 are the B E S T

And in your second post you also wanted to ban the French Defense????

i dont understand any of the crap being said rn lmao

MegaZX_1

random numbers and letters make my brain just shut down completely (AHEM, ALGEBRA.)

JackBolsen

Try the Fantasy variation more and crying a little less.

Jahtreezy

Caro-Kann? More like Caro-Can't-Get-Enough-Of-Your-Love-Baby, am I right?

THEICBMKNOWS35426

honestly there is no bad opening it just depends on your style I like to do the polish opening becuase

if done right you can do this (im using white in the game)

THEICBMKNOWS35426

As you see the my opponent black had there queen side destroyed and got checkmated on white queen to xf7#

THEICBMKNOWS35426

In conlusion the best move is the move that you are good at

mirroredragon
THEICBMKNOWS35426 wrote:

honestly there is no bad opening it just depends on your style I like to do the polish opening becuase

if done right you can do this (im using white in the game)

black played well... questionable moves would be one way to put it

LITO13mtz
This is pointless
coledailey

So... you want to completely ban an opening

Because you think it isn't good

I-

Isn't the point of banning something to stop people from using things that are too OP?

If you think it's so bad just... don't play it? Why would it need to be banned? Either that, or you just aren't very good at playing against it (you noted that people shouldn't play it against you because you are a 1000 earlier up in the thread) and you want things to be banned so that they can be "fair" instead of actually improving. In either case,

Get a life. Go touch grass.