Forums

The Backyard Prof refutes the Friend liver attack!!

Sort:
GreedyPawnGrabber

It's just amazing...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQwEyr5qwws

captain_sulu

So bad.

waffllemaster

Just thought of why he may have stopped...

Maybe he actually got a bit better and realized he has no idea what he's talking about.

Likhit1

The Fried liver attack against the prof!You gotta be kidding me.Playing such dubious openings against masters who absolutely crush one move combinations is useless.

x-5058622868
waffllemaster wrote:

Maybe he actually got a bit better and realized he has no idea what he's talking about.

Possibly. He could also be on chess forums and have come across discussions of his videos.

Ferric

It is interesting when you first see the lines. Its a wild game if you are a romantic style player. Its not something you see the top players use, maybe due to the risk or they have all the lines worked out anyway. Capa called it a duffers move or something along those lines but its a challenge unless you have a database to look at.

waffllemaster
Sunshiny wrote:
waffllemaster wrote:

Possibly. He could also be on chess forums and have come across discussions of his videos.

Maybe.  But the youtube videos have been full of criticism for a long time and he ignored them.

tfulk

Gosh, it's such a shame he isn't much, much, much better than he is. I would LOVE to watch someone as passionate as this guy that were an excellent player/ teacher. That dude loves what he's trying to teach. You can tell he loves trying to teach it. If he were to truly become good, he may be the best teacher on planet earth. 

x-5058622868
waffllemaster wrote:
Sunshiny wrote:
waffllemaster wrote:

Maybe.  But the youtube videos have been full of criticism for a long time and he ignored them.

Good point. Another idea came to mind is that maybe some of those criticising him also challenged him to prove how wrong he is.

waffllemaster
tfulk wrote:

Gosh, it's such a shame he isn't much, much, much better than he is. I would LOVE to watch someone as passionate as this guy that were an excellent player/ teacher. That dude loves what he's trying to teach. You can tell he loves trying to teach it. If he were to truly become good, he may be the best teacher on planet earth. 

I know :)

I was watching some IM's video a few days ago and it was TERRIBLY dull.  I could hardly get through it, it was so boring.

Need to find that perfect mix of enthusiasm, presentation, and skill.

Likhit1
waffllemaster wrote:
tfulk wrote:

I know :)

I was watching some IM's video a few days ago and it was TERRIBLY dull.  I could hardly get through it, it was so boring.

Need to find that perfect mix of enthusiasm, presentation, and skill.

Chessnetwork aka Jerry is the guy you're looking for.

tfulk

Yeah, he has the enthusiasm and presentation in spades. If he reads through these forums, I would implore him to get the skill up there to match, and he could truly be the best chess coach or teacher anyone could ask for. He would make game analysis fun!

kiwi-inactive

Never heard of the Fried Liver Attack, certainly doesn't lack creativity in its name ! Smile

bigpoison
waffllemaster wrote:

Ha!  That's great advice!  I need remember that every time I open my mouth about anything.

pinggo

good luck with Nxd5? in the fried liver.

GreedyPawnGrabber

I think he realized that he had lost the knight when he retreated the king to e8 but decided not to admit the mistake.  

naturalproduct

Sassy!