x
Chess - Play & Learn

Chess.com

FREE - In Google Play

FREE - in Win Phone Store

VIEW

What if a girl became World Chess Champion?

  • #1161

    That's not a real world championship any more than the "FIDE World Championship" knockout tournaments that Khalifman, Kazimdzhanov, etc., won were.  This was, however, effectively a candidates' tournament, and Judit Polgar is still the only woman to play in one of those.

  • #1162

    Botvinnik won his FIDE title in a quintuple round-robin tournament in 1948.

    There is considerable evidence that the competion was tainted by Soviet collusion.

  • #1163
    DaMaGor wrote:

    That's not a real world championship any more than the "FIDE World Championship" knockout tournaments that Khalifman, Kazimdzhanov, etc., won were.  This was, however, effectively a candidates' tournament, and Judit Polgar is still the only woman to play in one of those.

    That is your opinion, not one held by FIDE.

  • #1164

    Awesome rock it girls

  • #1165

    I'm back!

  • #1166

    It is a thought for sure...however, no female GM that I know of, at least, has EVER been rated even nearly as high as the top ten men in the world. I could be wrong, but I think I'm pretty close. Maybe some day it will be! ;) 

  • #1167

    Honestly I could not care less. My God people get over the obsession

  • #1168
    ab121705 wrote:

    Honestly I could not care less. My God people get over the obsession

     I don't really care, either, actually. Idk why I'm here.

  • #1169
    BrootFaus wrote:

    It is a thought for sure...however, no female GM that I know of, at least, has EVER been rated even nearly as high as the top ten men in the world. I could be wrong, but I think I'm pretty close. Maybe some day it will be! ;) 

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judit_Polg%C3%A1r

     

    Number eight in the world in 2005.

  • #1170

    whoo hoo

  • #1171

    That would be great,  as long as she's cute. 

    Just kidding.

  • #1172

    You bumped this retarded thread after a year and a half just to say that?

  • #1173
    mosai wrote:

    It will be a sad day when there is not a single chess player with the minimal skill necessary to beat a woman.

    that is quite sexist.

Top
or Join

Online Now