Forums

What's the opening you hate most?

Sort:
Eric-Erard

The Scandinavian for me.

yariharimo

Do you hate playing against it? Or you hate playing it?

Garry_Fish52

I hate playing either kings gambit or Nimzo (don't like it if I'm white)

DaveinPdx

All the ones I don't play well against, which is most of them.

ResurrectedSon

ADaveinPdx, that's a good one! hahaha!

OldOlives

I don't like playing against the English.

lexxysexy

the hippopotamus other name of the van't kruijs that's an unfair opening try by player that do not want to play... oterwise the opening i hate the most(i mean i guess i ve difficulties to play it) against me is the nimzo indian defense ore the french advance variation.

DrSpudnik
OliverY23 wrote:

I don't like playing against the English.

I thought I was playing an English but it turned out to be a Canadian.

little_guinea_pig

My worst enemy is the fianchetto setups. I know a lot of theory in the Italian Game and the Sicilian Defense, but against 1.g3 or b3 I usually end up blundering the rook :I

ed1975

I dislike playing against the French especially, but also the Scandinavian Defence. I don't love playing the White side of the Sicilian either.

Also: almost any opening when my opponent gets his Queen out right at the start.

Los_Tenyos_Krowo
I hate playing the Kings Indian!
Eric-Erard

i hate scandinavian, and e4 e5 for black

DevilishApples123

English is so boromg to play against. really good opening for those trying to kill opponent by boredom

SmyslovFan

I hate any patently unsound opening that I have to face. Either I win and it's because of the opening, or I lose, and it's because of the opening.

DanteHosseini
I hate Wayward Queen Attack/Napoleon Attack. I’ve learned enough I don’t just get checkmated all the time, but if my opponent brings out his knight to join his Queen I always loose my rook and spend half the game with his pieces under my nose. I’ve got to learn to deal with those Queen + 1 attacks, it’s ridiculous.
thepenigma

thepenigma
Kings pawn...
Eric-Erard

How could you!!!!

stiggling
SmyslovFan wrote:

I hate any patently unsound opening that I have to face. Either I win and it's because of the opening, or I lose, and it's because of the opening.

This.

I don't mind playing any standard opening, but when I get something like an engine eval of +2 on move 8, then it's just annoying.

BagnusCarsin

King's Gambit it kills me.