x
Chess - Play & Learn

Chess.com

FREE - In Google Play

FREE - in Win Phone Store

VIEW

Why Do People Find Openings So Important?

  • #1

    I Find That Openings REALLY Matter. Here Is My Classic Opening:

     

  • #2

    hello?

  • #3

    back when i was a kid me and my friend developed our own classic opening, and the basic setup looked something like this (for white obviously) -> happy.png

     

  • #4
    stuzzicadenti wrote:

    back when i was a kid me and my friend developed our own classic opening, and the basic setup looked something like this (for white obviously) ->

     

    I've Seen That Before, Thanks For Not JudingMine. I have Had Sooooopoo Many Peple Do So

  • #5

    sure i think your opening looks good, really solid : )

  • #6
    stuzzicadenti wrote:

    sure i think your opening looks good, really solid : )

    Thanks. I Like Yours. It Leaves Space So That If You Are Attacked, You Have Space To Move.

  • #7

    yeah, i would say it's probably not as strong as yours but maybe a little more flexible ^-^

  • #8
    stuzzicadenti wrote:

    yeah, i would say it's probably not as strong as yours but maybe a little more flexible ^-^

    Which In My Opinion, Makes It Stronger

  • #9

    Yeah stuzzicadenti, I would say you have a won game in that position, good on you for getting your opponent to move his knights in and out, restoring them to their original position. 

  • #10
    oregonpatzer wrote:

    Yeah stuzzicadenti, I would say you have a won game in that position, good on you for getting your opponent to move his knights in and out, restoring them to their original position. 

    What Do You Think Of Mine?

  • #11

    those opening werent made by either of u, it was made way before either of u were born, its called the big house (thats what me and my coach call it)

  • #12

    yeah I saw both of those openings when I was in the big house.

  • #13

    so it was made long time ago, and it isnt your opening

  • #14
    josephyossi wrote:

    so it was made long time ago, and it isnt your opening

    I Know Its Not My Opening. I Just Gave An Idea Of My Favorite Opening

  • #15
    Forkedupagain wrote:

    yeah I saw both of those openings when I was in the big house.

    and you were getting forked? tongue.png

  • #16

    I wouldn't worry about openings for now. pick a good one, and stick to it, but opening theory is practically useless for your rating currently. no offence.

  • #17
    ulfhednar1234 wrote:

    I wouldn't worry about openings for now. pick a good one, and stick to it, but opening theory is practically useless for your rating currently. no offence.

    That Was Rather Rude!!!

  • #18

     oh, btw, that opening is pretty closed. you should try open game. get those bishops developed!

  • #19
    TurtlesAreLife wrote:
    ulfhednar1234 wrote:

    I wouldn't worry about openings for now. pick a good one, and stick to it, but opening theory is practically useless for your rating currently. no offence.

    That Was Rather Rude!!!

    but it helps, no?

  • #20
    ulfhednar1234 wrote:
    TurtlesAreLife wrote:
    ulfhednar1234 wrote:

    I wouldn't worry about openings for now. pick a good one, and stick to it, but opening theory is practically useless for your rating currently. no offence.

    That Was Rather Rude!!!

    but it helps, no?

    No. IT DOESN'T HELP!!!!!

Online Now