Your own style

  • #1

    Help me with this one

  • #2

    What exactly do you want help with?

  • #3

    Your going to atcually have to ask the question before you can expect an answer.Wink

  • #4
    Sorry I suck at starters so I need help so can you please help me show it!!!!!
  • #5

    What's the question?

  • #6

    Ubisoft Chessmaster 12 "The Art of Learning" Josh Waitzkin's tutorial from his book. Do the long interactive tutorials @Chessmaster 12 and you won't have any problems I swear :)

  • #7
    TheCabal wrote:

    Ubisoft Chessmaster 12 "The Art of Learning" Josh Waitzkin's tutorial from his book. Do the long interactive tutorials @Chessmaster 12 and you won't have any problems I swear :)


    I'll second that! The academy lessons are excellent, and taught me everything I know so far.

  • #8

    One's own style seems to be forced to follow from the moves which come to the mind, right?

  • #9

    I understand

    Undecided

  • #10

    A lot of garbage gets talked on here armond_sr, unfortunately. Undecided

  • #11

    Your personal style isn't something you choose, it develops over time.  Don't worry about style right now, you win or lose 99% of your games due to tactics.  Either tactics you saw, or ones you missed.  Until you can get through nearly every game without overlooking losing a whole piece or getting mated by a simple tactic, forget "style" or openings.  They are meaningless.

     

    The best teacher is practice, but you can train with the Tactics Trainer and other puzzles, too.

  • #12
    Ryan390 wrote:
    TheCabal wrote:

    Ubisoft Chessmaster 12 "The Art of Learning" Josh Waitzkin's tutorial from his book. Do the long interactive tutorials @Chessmaster 12 and you won't have any problems I swear :)


    I'll second that! The academy lessons are excellent, and taught me everything I know so far.


    Ryan, Cabal - I have Chessmaster 10 - are the Chessmaster 12 tutorials different to those in CM10?

  • #13

    Pay attention to Estragon!

    Read one of the following books if possible:

    Logical Chess Move by Move or The Most Instructive Games of Chess Ever Played both by Irving Chernev

    Study endgames! http://blog.chess.com/NimzoRoy/endgame-faqs

  • #14

    @IpswichMatt

    The academy section of Chessmaster 11 (there is no 12, made a mistake!) looks like this:

    • Josh Waitzkin's Academy
    1. Introduction
    2. Arsenal
    3. Strategy
    4. The Art of Learning (New) (which are only voice&text-commented games by Waitzkin through different stages in his chess carreer)
    5. Endgame Course
    6. Psychology of Competition
    7. Annotated Games
    • Larry Christiansen Attacking Chess
    1. Attacking Chess
    2. Christiansen vs. Chessmaster
    • Chessmaster Series
    1. Beginning (Tutorials, Drills)
    2. Intermediate (Tutorials, Drills, Larry Evan's Endgame Quiz, Rating Exam)
    3. Advanced (Match the Masters, Drills, Nunn's Puzzles)

    Hope I could help!

    @Nimzoroy

    Logical Chess Move by Move and/or The Most Instructive Games of Chess Every Played (by Irving Chernev) are one the most recommended books here on chess.com, of which Logical Chess Move by Move should be read first.

  • #15

    Thanks Cabal, that's answered my question.

  • #16
    Ryan390 wrote:

    A lot of garbage gets talked on here armond_sr, unfortunately. 


     I think i agree                           Wink

Top
or Join

Online Now