Forums

1,000 Points.

Sort:
Apoapsis

Hello chess.com!

I've heard rumors about 1,000 point prizes, 10,000 point prizes, and many others. I now hope to make these rumors fact or fiction. So erik, Patzer24, Jay, or somebody, set the story straight!

BTW this post will be my 1,000th point!!!!!!!

Loomis
Was it all worth it bigboy?
RespawnsibleOne
I heard it was a 911 porsche turbo. I have been working my way up there ever since I was informed.
erik

you have earned a pat on the back! thank you! :)

i'm sorry, but providing prizes for member points creates perverse incentives and is economically unsustainable. sorry! 

God2
Good point Erik!
Apoapsis
erik wrote:

you have earned a pat on the back! thank you! :)

i'm sorry, but providing prizes for member points creates perverse incentives and is economically unsustainable. sorry! 

So the T-shirt isn't coming?

shadowslayer
what about the millionth post?
erik

if i spent $20 on every person who eventually hits 1000 points.... do the math :)

at 1,000,000 points you just end up owning chess.com :)) 

farbror

How many members of the "1000 points group" is there? Maybe they would appreciate a short presentation at the site just as much as a free T-shirt?

A Chess.com Hall of Fame, if you like

Graw81

I thought at 1,000 posts you got a free t-shirt? No? Guess il have to send the wife out shopping soon instead!

Anyway, how many members have greater than 1,000 posts? Anyone crazy enough to have <5,000 or <10,000 yet? Who is the member with most points? 

Rael
Erik's 3985 is probably the most I'm guessing.
RedSoxpawn

The subject of the free shirt has been brought up enough times that you should get a message that says "HEY the free shirt isn't given anymore sorry, keep up the good work"

As you can see I am in the 2,000 point range, and I only said something once about the subject, however I have seen quite a few people who made it to the 1,000 mark and whine almost daily about why they don't get a shirt

RedSoxpawn

List of the top five highest member points

5. RedSoxpawn

4. Sakura22, ( who is this person and where did they come from so suddenly)

3. Rich

2. Erik

and number 1. Patzer24

what happened to Batgirl I thought that she was in the 4 spot or has she not made as many blog posting recently

tannguyen1991

How and when were points in effect?

Is it to late to get points?

Graw81

I guess chess.com could afford to send out a few t-shirts to people. To send out one to everyone who hits 1,000 is asking for alot. Maybe something like every 10th or 20th person who posts 1,000 gets the t-shirt. That way, nobody would know who is going to be the 20th person to pass the 1,000 mark (only admin; im sure they can see stats on whos posting etc) and cant just post lots to try get the reward. Insted, because only the 20th person gets one it would be like a lotto rather than a given. That should prevent people from posting too much since the chances of getting one would be slim but at least somebody out there would get a shirt right?

Just an idea... you know... to not end the dream! Cool

Apoapsis
tannguye1 wrote:

Is it to late to get points?

No, but they will give no reward.Frown

Apoapsis
I just made a group specially for 1,000+ members!
RedSoxpawn
if you want to see who has 1,000 points you can go to the members page and click search and once the page showing the members most recently online change the way of searching to member points
Baseballfan

Also, don't forget Erik's other point, that it causes perverse incentive. Anyone who is on these forums with any regularity I'm sure has seen completely useless posts made for no other purpose than to pad the posters' points. Giving away stuff for points would only make this problem worse. I won't name names, but I'm sure many of us have one or two specific names in mind.

//readers of this post probably have the name 'baseballfan' popping into their heads at this moment//

RedSoxpawn
Ha-ha you do have some good posts occasionally