Forums

How to post a game using a PGN file [A step by step guide for Chess.com dummies]

Sort:
salsagoth

Help please.  When I do like the instruction says, get pgn, it just puts the game board into ICC Dasher.

corrijean

Can you change the file type to Notepad? Click on get Pgn, Open with, then choose Notepad from the dropdown list.

salsagoth

As soon as I click get pgn, it takes board to dasher. No pgn. click play and it just makes 1st move e4 and can't do anymore.  However, I just deleted dasher a few minutes ago and then clicked get pgn and it put me in notepad and I got pgn file.  At least I'm to this first step which makes me happy because I'm not too computer savvy.  At least I got into notepad.  I'll try reloading dasher tomorrow and see what happens.  Thanks.

kco

*bump*, an excellent thread for newbies.

tigergutt

well done! if i found this earlier i would have saved myself alot of time

kco

Smile sorry about that, somebody has to do it 'bump'

corrijean

Laughing

Bump away.

Rowan

Thanks so much for your efforts Bad, your blood is worth bottling mate Wink

kco

"Bump"

mapearson1990

Haha, this is a lot easier than painstakingly copying each move into the Game Editor in order to post a game or a diagram (which may or may not have been my usual method up till nowWink). Cheers. Really useful Smile

kco

Cool 'BUMP'

kco

Agree.

rooperi

yeah, me too.

Maybe some other stickies are past their sell by date

Rowan

Sounds good.

MSteen

Really helpful post! Thanks a lot!

kco

"bump"

VPA

Thx for making it easyKiss

rekorts

'K'

Benedictine

OK, how do you go about posting a series of moves from a position other than the starting postition?

ivandh

Start with a blank chessboard - move the pieces where you want them - remove pieces by dragging them to the edge of the board.