Forums

account disabled

Sort:
Tonystorm

my brother's account is disabled

Toohey_Dee

and for no reason at all right?

oregonpatzer

His account is what we call "snakebit".  The best course for him is just to open a new account.  That way, his new online chess persona can pretend that he had nothing to do with all the lost games on his old account. 

BetweenTheWheels

I believe the PC euphemism is "differently abled."

Pikelemi
Are you your brother?
MGleason

He should contact support.  Use this link: https://support.chess.com/customer/portal/emails/new.  Or email support@chess.com.  Depending on the reason for the account closure, they may be willing to reopen it, or they may let him create a new one.

Simply opening a new account without contacting support is not recommended, and depending on the reason the old one was closed and the behaviour new account, can potentially get the new account closed and the IP banned.  But if he contacts support, they're willing to be reasonable.

Queeg500
[COMMENT DELETED]
My_Joni

Why the hell would anyone not want to play an honest game? I don't see how cheating could be much fun since all the fun of playing chess for me is seeing yourself improve over time.

MGleason
My_Joni wrote:

Why the hell would anyone not want to play an honest game? I don't see how cheating could be much fun since all the fun of playing chess for me is seeing yourself improve over time.

That's a discussion that belongs in the Cheating Forum.  Discussion of cheating isn't permitted in the main forums, since it tends to get heated and result in public accusations.

But there's more than one reason for an account to be closed, so it's not necessarily even relevant to this thread.

poodle_noodle
My_Joni wrote:

Why the hell would anyone not want to play an honest game?

Because they suck.

poodle_noodle

Looks like you accidentally deleted my comment.

poodle_noodle

That's ok, we all make mistakes.

Manasaher444

My account 😞

HileneA

What happens account has been disabled 

Nicobobomagchess

Can you unban my account named Nicodimarunongmagchess because in middle game i got logged out and said account disabled i didnt do amything wrong its just a smurf account and im trying to increase my elo from scratch without losing. Im not using any cheats or scripts, and im a mobile user. Please respond i want my account back

Martin_Stahl
Nicobobomagchess wrote:

Can you unban my account named Nicodimarunongmagchess because in middle game i got logged out and said account disabled i didnt do amything wrong its just a smurf account and im trying to increase my elo from scratch without losing. Im not using any cheats or scripts, and im a mobile user. Please respond i want my account back

Multiple accounts are not allowed without approval of staff.

https://support.chess.com/article/596-can-i-have-multiple-accounts

Doing Speedruns or having smurf accounts isn't usually an approved use reason either.

However, you'll have to contact support directly about the account:

https://support.chess.com/article/346-contact-us

Martin_Stahl
laeeqH wrote:
Okay so my account got closed for no reason I didn’t even do anything, it’s called .... idk if it is because of the name or what but I was just playing I got logged out and said “account closed” I need help

You should have received an email in the address associated with the closed account explaining your options. Be sure to check your junk folders

OmoRTao

fully regretted my username in my acc I'm using rn but decided to make another acc that I have my original username on it but I accidentally disabled it, I only wanted to retrieved it and change it to other appropriate name and change it to my main, the acc was "OmoRTao" and I'm sorry for my username

Martin_Stahl
bayagnisantanas wrote:

fully regretted my username in my acc I'm using rn but decided to make another acc that I have my original username on it but I accidentally disabled it, I only wanted to retrieved it and change it to other appropriate name and change it to my main, the acc was "OmoRTao" and I'm sorry for my username

You'll have to contact support directly.

https://support.chess.com/article/346-contact-us

Clouds156

My friends account has been disabled and he didn't receive an email about why it was disabled. He said he thinks it was because he aborted too many games? He also said that he won't abort too many games if you unblock his account because he needs to move on from the Silver League. Please unblock it