x
Chess - Play & Learn

Chess.com

FREE - In Google Play

FREE - in Win Phone Store

VIEW

CHESS.com news chess board not displaying.

  • #1

    just got a new laptop, have java but the chess boards are not displaying.. why

  • #2

    try getting a browser like chrome or firefox

  • #3

    thanks.

  • #4

    hello,  i'm running mozilla firefox but my boards are invisible. peices show up ok, but no squares on the board... any ideas..?

  • #5

    i also have java 6. if i pass the cursor over my games list, the boards are visible. but when i go to that game- the board is in visible.  the peices are there, i can make a move, but why won't the board show up?

  • #6

    No board showing just the status of the connectivity

  • #7

    Same issue as iceCervantes,  been  happening since yesterday on Chrome, connection status is there,  but NOTHING else. 

  • #8

    same issue with chrome here no chess board shows. black screen only

  • #9
    puppylover107 wrote:

    just got a new laptop, have java but the chess boards are not displaying.. why

    Hello purplelover107

    does it work in the meantime?

  • #10

    CrookedQueen,  check  the dates.  The original post is 6 years old,  the last  few are from  the last 3 days though...

  • #11

    This problem is getting bigger and no one from facebook is helping nor from chess.com Ho could we contact them?

  • #12
    weiesnbach wrote:

    CrookedQueen,  check  the dates.  The original post is 6 years old,  the last  few are from  the last 3 days though...

    Go and whine somewhere else.

  • #13

    I have the same problem, I've logged a ticket and also posted on the forum about it but it's been days and nobody is responding.

  • #14

    Hi everyone! I'm so sorry you are experiencing this. We believe we have fixed this earlier today! Are you able to see the boards again after refreshing your browser page?

  • #15
    CookedQueen wrote:
    weiesnbach wrote:

    CrookedQueen,  check  the dates.  The original post is 6 years old,  the last  few are from  the last 3 days though...

    Go and whine somewhere else.

    Who's whining? Just pointing out that  you are replying to  a 6 year old post.  That's not whining,  that's stating the obvious. 

    You want to  look like a fool go right on ahead.  In the meantime,  don't accuse me of things I haven't done.  

     

  • #16
    Calamondin wrote:

    Hi everyone! I'm so sorry you are experiencing this. We believe we have fixed this earlier today! Are you able to see the boards again after refreshing your browser page?

    Same thing,  I've rebooted twice,  cleaned browser,  and full  refresh  every time.  Still not seeing a board. 

     

  • #17

    Thanks @weiesnbach, when you cleaned your browser did you delete the web cookies as well? (Sorry if that is a Capt. Obvs question.) Are you able to see the boards on any other browsers? 

  • #18

    Yes I cleaned cookies as well. IE works fine, considering it hasn't been updated in a couple of years. 

  • #19
    weiesnbach wrote:
    CookedQueen wrote:
    weiesnbach wrote:

    CrookedQueen,  check  the dates.  The original post is 6 years old,  the last  few are from  the last 3 days though...

    Go and whine somewhere else.

    Who's whining? Just pointing out that  you are replying to  a 6 year old post.  That's not whining,  that's stating the obvious. 

    You want to  look like a fool go right on ahead.  In the meantime,  don't accuse me of things I haven't done.  

     

    Check out how to quote. What you do here is against the Netiquette and most likely against the TOS here.

    I did not write the things you put in the quote of your post.

    If you quote then quote the written text or a part of it but not adding things without marking it your own!

    Troll!

  • #20
    CookedQueen wrote:
    weiesnbach wrote:
    CookedQueen wrote:
    weiesnbach wrote:

    CrookedQueen,  check  the dates.  The original post is 6 years old,  the last  few are from  the last 3 days though...

    Go and whine somewhere else.

    Who's whining? Just pointing out that  you are replying to  a 6 year old post.  That's not whining,  that's stating the obvious. 

    You want to  look like a fool go right on ahead.  In the meantime,  don't accuse me of things I haven't done.  

     

    Check out how to quote. What you do here is against the Netiquette and most likely against the TOS here.

    I did not write the things you put in the quote of your post.

    If you quote then quote the written text or a part of it but not adding things without marking it your own!

    Troll!

    Give it a rest.  I simply pointed out you replied to  a 6 year old post.  You have turned it into  world war  three, get over yourself. I don't need the harassment in my life,  and make no  mistake,  this is harassment. 

     

Online Now