Forums

Perpetual Check Problem Here

Sort:
DaveKat

Okay, I was just playing a game on Live Chess and I was getting ready to win. But this guy got me in perpetual check. I offered him a draw, thinking that the game would be one anyway. However, he declined and began checking me. I kept going, thinking that he just didn't know. To my surprise, I found out that no draw was made. He continued to check me...and I checked and saw that I was down on
time. This guy was trying to run me down on time and get a win. Unfortunately for him, I'm a fighter and don't give up too easily. I finally got him to make a wrong move and win the game...after 606 moves. My question is: Why was he able to do this? I thought that a repetition of position 3 times resulted in a draw. Thank you very much.

Frankdawg

Since your opponent played... The Damiano Defense

1. e4 e5 2. Nf3 f6?

You should have replied with a knight sacrifice on e5, b/c it is not really a sacrafice. If he takes it, he will need to give you a rook or be checkmated when you bring your queen out to h5 with check.

Very powerful and decisive opening for white.

1pawndown

Clearly drawn if you push the accept draw button.

SouthWestRacingNews

Yea, there's a button, I think it starts out as 'offer draw' but once you repeat the same position three times, it changes to 'claim draw'.   

SouthWestRacingNews

I just used it today, 'claim draw'.  Same place as the 'offer draw' is, word changes to 'claim'.