"Your security settings have blocked an untrusted application"

  • #1

    I'm trying to access the Vs Computer option but when it loads it says "Application blocked Your security settings have blocked an untrusted application." I have a Linux Lubuntu OS and have already updated the Java versions. I've looked through the options but found nothing about adjusting the security settings.

    I'd also like to point out that Live Chess works fine. Just the Vs Computer option isn't working.

  • #2
    palm_beetle wrote:

    Your chess rating is 360.  That horrible.

    --!Kung

    Be nice!

  • #3

    It's Xbox 360 and Chess 960, please get it right

  • #4

    Hello,

    I have the same problem. Updated to jSE ver.7 updt 51 (build 1.7.0_51-b13)

    and got stuck there. not working with chrome nor MZL FFX 26.0 have winXP. i have tryed to add http://cssjs.chesscomfiles.com/ and http://www.chess.com/play/computer to security exception site list, but at no avail.

    any help?

  • #5
    joshfor379 wrote:

    Hello,

    I have the same problem. Updated to jSE ver.7 updt 51 (build 1.7.0_51-b13)

    and got stuck there. not working with chrome nor MZL FFX 26.0 have winXP. i have tryed to add http://cssjs.chesscomfiles.com/ and http://www.chess.com/play/computer to security exception site list, but at no avail.

    any help?

    found a solution.

    but a potential security risk.

    have lowered the security level to medium (at java control panel ->security)

  • #6
  • #7

    Yes, I found the workaround there.

    thnx

  • #8

    Just tried it on my Win7 computer and surprisingly I'm getting the same results.

  • #9
    KingInTheNorth77 wrote:
    palm_beetle wrote:

    Your chess rating is 360.  That horrible.

    --!Kung

    Be nice!

     be relevant...

  • #10

          KCO;  Palm_Beetle is a trool imposter, with numurous disposable accounts. He was banned yesterday, but who knows how soon he'l pop up as somebody else.

  • #11
    RonaldJosephCote wrote:

          KCO;  Palm_Beetle is a trool imposter, with numurous disposable accounts. He was banned yesterday, but who knows how soon he'l pop up as somebody else.

    He's not banned.

  • #12
    kco wrote:
    KingInTheNorth77 wrote:
    palm_beetle wrote:

    Your chess rating is 360.  That horrible.

    --!Kung

    Be nice!

     be relevant...

    and helpful. Sealed

  • #13
    kco wrote:
    kco wrote:
    KingInTheNorth77 wrote:
    palm_beetle wrote:

    Your chess rating is 360.  That horrible.

    --!Kung

    Be nice!

     be relevant...

    and helpful. 

    and nice.

  • #14

    This what i think of you macer75 with your comments and your threads.

  • #15
    kco wrote:

    This what i think of you macer75 with your comments and your threads.

     

    I thought we were just talking about being nice!

  • #16

          Checkmate; We'll have to notify staff that palm_beetle has changed his user name to Alfieri17, who has played NO games, NO friends, just became a member today, but 15 people have viewed his profile..  Dam interesting.

  • #17

    What r u talking about? Palm_beetle and Alfieri are two different people!

    http://www.chess.com/members/view/palm_beetle

  • #18

             Your probably right; I think palm_beetle is having lunch with soorat.

  • #19
    RonaldJosephCote wrote:

             Your probably right; I think palm_beetle is having lunch with soorat.

    Hmm... interesting. Why do u say that? Soorat is from the UK, and palm_beetle is from New Guinea.

Top
or Join

Online Now