x
Chess - Play & Learn

Chess.com

FREE - In Google Play

FREE - in Win Phone Store

VIEW

site navigation

  • #1
    there seems to be no order as to how a beginner should proceed. it is just very unclear
  • #2

    Hi Spitfire9000

     

    I totally agree. There must be a page that explains the icons round the screen and what the lines mean at the side of the move list. It is just odd that there isn't an obvious place that explains what everything means.

  • #3

    I like the new chess.com. How do I post a comment in game chat or chess.com TV? The line ends at the emoji bubble.

  • #4
    Brian_the_patser wrote:

    Hi Spitfire9000

     

    I totally agree. There must be a page that explains the icons round the screen and what the lines mean at the side of the move list. It is just odd that there isn't an obvious place that explains what everything means.

     

    Bottom of most pages there is a help link and it also exists in the menu.

    https://support.chess.com/

     

    All icons, that are not top-level menu items, also have a tool-tip that gives what they are by moving the cursor over them.

     

    The lines and numbers at the side of the moves in Live are a representation of the time taken by each player on the move.

     

  • #5
    jim1729 wrote:

    I like the new chess.com. How do I post a comment in game chat or chess.com TV? The line ends at the emoji bubble.

     

    Type something and hit enter.

  • #6

    Thanks Martin. 

  • #7
    Martin_Stahl wrote:

    Bottom of most pages there is a help link and it also exists in the menu.

    https://support.chess.com/

     

    All icons, that are not top-level menu items, also have a tool-tip that gives what they are by moving the cursor over them.

     

    The lines and numbers at the side of the moves in Live are a representation of the time taken by each player on the move.

     

    Thanks for that, but the URL doesn't tell this sort of detail - none of the topics tell how to navigate through the site. How did you find out what things meant?

  • #8

    Being familiar with the old site and checking things out for the most part. Using the help search if I couldn't figure something out. 

  • #9

    why did I count defeat? is a resource glitch? see screen:null

  • #10
    How to go to the old site? Please.
Top

Online Now