Forums

Tournament disappeared

Sort:
huanco

I created a tournament a couple of months ago. It was an invitation only tourney. In order to get invited, you needed to go through clasifying tourneys. After all this trouble, a few days from the start with just one player missing, the tournament disappeared!!!! Is there some kind of time out for not yet started tournaments? Why did it disappear?

Wizard_Chess97

Yup. That's just what happened to me. Infuriating! Yell

IWK

Hey Huanco, I was just wondering the same thing. I try to find that tournament of masters to see how it is going because I advanced from group B. So are we going to have a tournment of Knockout masters or no? Thank you by the way for creating this. Even if we don't have, it was still a lot of fun.

huanco

Hi, it was indeed fun. I was waiting for an answer from Chess.com, but it seems we won't have any, so I'll just go ahead and recreate the tournament.

robobeer

I am wondering the same thing since I just noticed that all the tournaments that I had created that were not yet started have disappeared.

huanco

Easier said than done, my timeout ratio has soared to 18% and can't host a torunament until I get it under 15%. These no-vacations-fast-knockout tournaments have taken its toll...

IWK

I see. So I am glad we found out the reason for why the tournaments you guys kindly hosted have disappeared. Huanco, I am also a diamond member and if you want I can always make the masters knockout tournament. I just think it is better if you do it because you started the whole thing. I can do the tournament but only you want me too.

chessmaster102

someone needs to take this directly to a chess.com staff cause it sounds serious

huanco

I reported this to tech support.

huanco

Thanks for the proposal, IWK, really appreciate it. Please let me see if tech support can help or not before taking you up on thIs. Keep you guys posted!

huanco

Ok, I finally got an answer from tech support:

If a tournament doesn't start after 90 days, it is removed and cannot be restored.

IWK: I'll send you a private message about your proposal.

IWK

Okay sounds great Huanco I'll be waiting for the message.

CPTsopiens

Hi, I joined a Deutschland tourney with a 24 hour time control to begin around Feb 15, but can't find it anywhere now.  Has it been cancelled?

BlackQueen2012

My tournament (Queen's Indian - Fianchetto/Nimzowitsch Variation) has disappeared yesterday... Frown

Wizard_Chess97
huanco wrote:

Ok, I finally got an answer from tech support:

If a tournament doesn't start after 90 days, it is removed and cannot be restored.

I think we should complain to the chess.com staff about this rule. It's really unfair that people are losing their tournaments. Maybe instead, if NO ONE joins a tournament after like 4 months it gets deleted, but if say, 20 people register, then it doesn't get deleted for like a year. What do you guys think?

BlackQueen2012

Yes, I think the cut off should be based on the time since the last member joined, so let's say if no one joined for 3 months, then remove it...

huanco

Yeah, it makes more sense...

IWK

Hey Huanco I'm still waiting for a private message. ;)

huanco

Sorry about that!!!

IWK

It's alright don't worry about it.