Forums

Congrats on 10k Players in Live Chess!

Sort:
Faterson

Happened earlier tonight -- never seen that before. I remember how I used to worry a year ago that 3k players might perhaps be too many for Live Chess servers to handle. However, they also run smoothly with 10k players. Playing in Atomic Web Browser on the iPad here (better experience than the iPad app, unfortunately), and it's just great (apart from the missing sound).

1RedKnight99

I've seen over 11,000 at times on weekends during daytime where I live. The first 10,000 was reached a while ago, I think.

Faterson

I wonder what's the national composition during those peak hours. While most chess.com players are no doubt based in the US, to reach those record levels, it must be a time of day when America as well as India and Europe are up rather than asleep (and that's about the time you mention). :-)

Faterson

Right... it's 11,088 players right now, and it's not even the weekend... (Monday evening in Europe)

piotr

True :).

1RedKnight99
Faterson wrote:

I wonder what's the national composition during those peak hours. While most chess.com players are no doubt based in the US, to reach those record levels, it must be a time of day when America as well as India and Europe are up rather than asleep (and that's about the time you mention). :-)

Yup, in the mornings here India is in the evening playing chess and Europe is in the afternoon.

Faterson

Looks to me, though, as if the peak hours are during European evenings (mid-day in America), while I encounter most Indians on European mornings or mid-day (America asleep). :-) If the American & Indian peak hours were closer to each other, I'm sure we'd have 15k+ players by now regularly in Live Chess.