3 moves or not?

rjboy

This diagram has never been happen in real game since CHESS is invented

this puzzle is for brain twisting and for fun only..GOOD LUCK!!!

NOTE!

look carefully the coordinates....

white to move

mate in 3

post your solution if you want...

i will post mine later...

sebas4life

1.Ba7

2.Ne7

3. Rc8++

 

?? Blacks move don't matter because he can't stop it?

Gomer_Pyle

Why not mate in 2 with 1.Nc4... 2.Nb6?

hchdez

It is mate in two

rjboy
sebas4life wrote:

1.Ba7

2.Ne7

3. Rc8++

 

?? Blacks move don't matter because he can't stop it?


no mate in 3

fleiman

1 Ba7 and then it depends on Black's move.

Fore example:

1. ... Ra1 2. Nc4 and after that 3. Nb6 mate

1. ... Rd1 2. d7 and after that 3. d8Q mate

1. ... Rh1 3. Rh3 and after that 3. Rh8 mate , etc

Very interesting and rather  hard puzzle. Thanks.

jdavidson

If you move Nc4, a1 puts you in check no more 3 moves.

fleiman
jdavidson wrote:

If you move Nc4, a1 puts you in check no more 3 moves.


 There are many variants in the puzzle. One of them:

1. Ba7 Ra1 2. Kc4 and after any Black's move 3. KB6 MATE.

It's hard to find 1. Ba7 with zug-zwang. 

Oceanwalker

why not mate in 2????

Nc4

Nb5

it is impossible to stop.

fleiman
Oceanwalker wrote:

why not mate in 2????

Nc4

Nb5

it is impossible to stop.


 Because a1Q+ , pay attention on pawns positions ! 

daxelson

fleiman wrote:

1 Ba7 and then it depends on Black's move.

Fore example:

1. ... Ra1 2. Nc4 and after that 3. Nb6 mate

1. ... Rd1 2. d7 and after that 3. d8Q mate

1. ... Rh1 3. Rh3 and after that 3. Rh8 mate , etc

Very interesting and rather  hard puzzle. Thanks.


Nice puzzle - lots of different possibe approaches to preventing the mate, but none seems to work.

Skeptikill

Also Rh3 followed by Rh8!

jahankhan95

Faster is just b6 then b7

adam111a

with b6 and then b7 black has to simply promote his pawn...

daxelson
Skeptikill wrote:

Also Rh3 followed by Rh8!


2. Rh3 is followed by h1 = Q; then 3. Rh8+ QxR

That is not a solution.