This diagram has never been happen in real game since CHESS is invented
this puzzle is for brain twisting and for fun only..GOOD LUCK!!!
look carefully the coordinates....
white to move
mate in 3
i will post mine later...
?? Blacks move don't matter because he can't stop it?
Why not mate in 2 with 1.Nc4... 2.Nb6?
It is mate in two
no mate in 3
1 Ba7 and then it depends on Black's move.
1. ... Ra1 2. Nc4 and after that 3. Nb6 mate
1. ... Rd1 2. d7 and after that 3. d8Q mate
1. ... Rh1 3. Rh3 and after that 3. Rh8 mate , etc
Very interesting and rather hard puzzle. Thanks.
If you move Nc4, a1 puts you in check no more 3 moves.
There are many variants in the puzzle. One of them:
1. Ba7 Ra1 2. Kc4 and after any Black's move 3. KB6 MATE.
It's hard to find 1. Ba7 with zug-zwang.
why not mate in 2????
it is impossible to stop.
Because a1Q+ , pay attention on pawns positions !
Nice puzzle - lots of different possibe approaches to preventing the mate, but none seems to work.
Also Rh3 followed by Rh8!
Faster is just b6 then b7
with b6 and then b7 black has to simply promote his pawn...
2. Rh3 is followed by h1 = Q; then 3. Rh8+ QxR
That is not a solution.