Forums

Daily Puzzle Submissions! *Be Involved*

Sort:
puntwothree

Completely fictitious, time (and players no doubt) will tell how tactically sound the initial play *actually* is.

likesforests

puntwothree> Completely fictitious, time (and players no doubt) will tell how tactically sound the initial play *actually* is.

I already provided provided two faster solutions, so your 8:01pm puzzle + solution is not a good candidate for the daily puzzle. After 4.Nc5+ Black is forced to play 4...Ka5, and then 5.Ra7# mates. This is a common way to use the knights to create a mating net. Play it out yourself or consult with your favorite chess engine and you will see.

puntwothree

With all due respect, likesforests, I didn't edit the 8:01pm puzzle to come out with the 6-move mate I'd origonally proposed. This morning I noted that your notation was accurate (and that your mating route was therefore better than mine) and the new solution (if you click on the puzzle again) is one of the five move checkmates you suggested.

The reason for the extra bishop was to ensure that there was, in fact, only one five-move solution (not to come up with the solution I had wanted to begin with).

likesforests

I agree your edited version of the 8:01pm puzzle is accurate and good. So people reading this thread later aren't confused, here's the original puzzle we were discussing:

[FEN "1k6/7p/5Np1/1p1N4/p6P/3P4/r3P1q1/2RK3R w - - 0 1"]

{Mate in 6} 1. Nd7+ Ka8 2. Rc8+ Kb7 3. Rc7+ Ka6 4. Nb8+ Ka5 5. Nc6+ Ka6 6. Ra7#

sug_chess_puzzles

no i much prefer to submit my own thread of daily puzzles - i want too be seperate from the official puzzles from chess.com!

gamefrikz
xalways wrote:
Not my originality but i would like to share it with you all. An easy puzzle mate in 3.

I think you can mate in two if you move queen into c8, and then b7. is there a problem with that?

sug_chess_puzzles

visit my puzzles in this forum section - they are called 'Sugsy's Puzzles'

gamefrikz
forkman wrote:
Here's a puzzle I made up. 

umm.... you can mate by Kd6 right away... and the rest of the puzzle don't make sense...

gamefrikz
chessnoob1997 wrote:
A puzzle with a few mistakes (how do u correct mistakes in the chess wizard??)

why not take the h5 pawn with the g5 rook to mate??

sug_chess_puzzles

exactly all of these puzzles are inferior to my daily posts!

gamefrikz
puntwothree wrote:

experimenting with pins and such...

hmm.... I thought of Kg5, followed with Rg8, then Qg7... works as an alternative right?

puntwothree

gamefrikz: no, deffinately not (no offense). White may still win, but not in three moves, and not by your line. Kg5 leads to 1...Bxe5+, from which white's only moves (once the knight has moved) are king to g4 (mate in one for black) or f4. From there, black can avoid white's mate threat (Rxg8+; Qa,c8#) with a few checking options (of which Bxe4+ is probably the most promising).

Greco

Good sequence of moves. Not that difficult.

Yungtoon

I Was Thinkin Like Apple127 Forkman

ciiiip
forkman wrote:

other way is 1.Cd6#

chessmasterbilly999
forkman wrote:

1. Nd6#??? apple127 is right

nick_p12

Regarding # 19..... Rh5# is a checkmate!

94PaGe04

chess noob 97 isn't the firstt move Rxh5#??

And forkman isn't it as apple says?

Olm3r

yeah forkman, i think your puzzle has a few too many moves in it?

Mainline_Novelty

chessnoob, Rh5 mate

This forum topic has been locked