Forums

When I am hungry

Sort:
Sherlock__Holmes

Puzzles from such a kind are not very much and may be I have to make new topic with different kind of puzzles - probably named " When I am not hungry " .

Elroch

I am impressed by what you have posted.

Sherlock__Holmes

nobody likes to be manipulated 

Aquajet17

My attempt on #42
jerry2468
smiley15 wrote:

1. Rh8+!! Kxh8 2. Rc8+ Kh7 3. Bg8+! Kh8 4. Bxe6+ Kh7 5. Bg8+ Kh8 6. Bxd5+ Kh7 7. Bg8+ Kh8 8. Bxc4+ Kh7 9. Bg8+ Kh8 10. Bxb3+ Kh7 11. Bg8+ Kh8 12. Bxa2+ Kh7 13. Bxb1, winning.

Actually, 13.Bg8+ Kh8 14.Bb3+!! Kh7 15.Bxc2+ Qxc2 16.Rxc2 Wins much more easily

Sherlock__Holmes

Aquajet17   ,in your line black can play 18...Kc1(instead of 18...Rb2) and there is no mate .And the black king gets out of the "cage".

einstein_69101
Sherlocks_Holmes wrote:

Aquajet17   ,in your line black can play 18...Kc1(instead of 18...Rb2) and there is no mate .And the black king gets out of the "cage".

Black can also play 8...Rc3+ winning white's queen.

winterberger

Aquajet: 1.Q:h1 Rc1 2.Qh2? Rc3+!

Sherlock__Holmes

I will re post the puzzle from #49 -i think it went unnoticed .And it is very interesting.

White to play and win

This puzzle is from the same old book and the rest of the solution is hard to read.I am trying to restore the text , but will need more time and i need some help.

There is not so much eating in this puzzle but there is a lot of movement , which is a useful thing too.

the rest of the solution is coming soon

Azukikuru
Sherlocks_Holmes wrote:

I will re post the puzzle from #49 -i think it went unnoticed .And it is very interesting.

Looks like white is trying to get his bishop to f7, which wins the queen by zugzwang. Not many more moves remaining: 7. Bd5 Kf8 8. Bf7 and black loses the queen for either of white's minor pieces.

Sherlock__Holmes
Azukikuru wrote:

Looks like white is trying to get his bishop to f7, which wins the queen by zugzwang. Not many more moves remaining: 7. Bd5 Kf8 8. Bf7 and black loses the queen for either of white's minor pieces.

You are close but one objection : not always winning the queen = wining the game . The puzzle is not so easy .

rooperi

How about:

[edit, scratch that, the queen now has a5 available, maybe it helps someone else]

Sherlock__Holmes

Like a hint here is a line that don't works:

Caiello

An alteration of rooperi's puzzle that works! (I think)

Sherlock__Holmes

Caiello, your line works only if black  play  1...b3 .But they can play 1...Kf8 .

Sherlock__Holmes

I must say , this puzzle - #49 (#55) was prised 1st prize in a tourney for puzzles !

I wonder , can somebody find a computer chess program , capable to find solution ?!

Sherlock__Holmes

If you offer this puzzle to a grandmaster,he will probably think 20 minutes (or less) and give you the next solution :

Sherlock__Holmes

Looks simple and elegant, after you have seen it , isn't it ?!

But if you offer the puzzle to a strong computer chess program it (or she) first for some time will try to convince you that it is a flat draw and then , soon or not very soon ,depending how strong she is , will give you something like this:

Sherlock__Holmes

Which one of the solutions you like more ?

Sherlock__Holmes

I must say, the puzzle #49(#55) belongs to F.Bondarenko 

The author's solution is that from #64.

I was thinking, this is an only solution, but yesterday a friend showed me this from the #65 - solved by a version of Fritz.

Honestly, I was disappointed from the fact , there is a second solution.