Forums

Climate Change = Huge Hoax 3 [READ FIRST POST BEFORE COMMENTING]

Sort:
DiogenesDue
Optimissed wrote:

I've never needed backup. You're the one who needs backup. I enjoy talking to someone on here I've known for a month or two and if it gives you the chance to invent something to complain about, so much the better.

You're on the same intellectual level, so that makes sense, but let's not pretend you are not constantly seeking allies because you cannot handle your own end of things successfully.

Sillver1
lfPatriotGames wrote:
Sillver1 wrote:
lfPatriotGames wrote:
Sillver1 wrote:

‘I'm sure they are settled. Until they aren't‘

sounds like a nice slogan for a politician or something, but unless you specify what exactly you think is going to change, it’s just that.. an empty slogan.

In your own personal life experiences, can you think of any instances where you were SURE of something, and it turned out to be wrong? I mean REALLY sure. I'll bet you can. I'll bet you can think of more than one even.

I don't need to specify. You know from your own life experiences it's true. If it's an empty slogan, it would have never happened to you.

For me, it's quite the opposite of empty. It's full. It's full of examples. I know from my own life experiences (and those around me) that there will always be times when you (or someone you felt you could trust) were SURE of something, and it turned out to be completely false.

So yes, things may seem settled. Until they aren't.

of course it happened to me and so i learned to put a certain level of confidence in every peace of information that i absorb. i think we all do, it doesn’t take much because it mostly done at the subconscious level without having to cogitate about it. of course different individuals can have varying levels of confidence in the same thing. even more so, sometimes i choose to be gullible about certain things, and super skeptic about others.

hopefully this clarifies why i asked you to be specific. i’m trying to understand what exactly you’re contesting. is it that our activities cause warming? is it that warming cause changes to the climate? maybe the severity of the changes? the price spike for energy? i genuinely don’t know so we can’t have a healthy conversation which is fine, but if you want to converse, please be specific instead of throwing general slogans at me.

so again.. my statement was that the saying ‘the science is settled’ means that we are 99.9% confident that human activities cause a rise to the average global temperature, and that global warming cause changes to the global climate. thats it, and nothing more. (it’s tempting to add more to it, like the problem of acceleration, but then i’ll have to start dropping the level of confidence, so let’s leave it at that)

..note that i already left a little bit of room for errors. and so your slogan may apply to that little tiny bit that is in question.. so what is it that you’re contesting, or afraid is going to change exactly?

It doesn't matter what I'm contesting. What matters is the ability to recognize that even the very best experts, the ones you absolutely trust, will be wrong from time to time. I think you recognize that.

The specifics don't matter. What matters is that the specifics, the examples, that YOU have experienced made an impact. My specifics will never matter to you. Yours probably wont matter to me. When someone says "the science is settled" it makes no difference what they are talking about specifically. In general, that's a declaration of faith. Because a mind that closed leaves no room for improvement or learning.

Me personally, I have my faith also. We all do. I just don't have THAT much faith. I cannot honestly say there is no room for improvement or learning or modifications to what is generally accepted as "settled". That said I do think we are on the same page when it comes to realizing climate changes, and there are things to be justifiably skeptical about.

but the specifics of what you contest do matter because some science is settled and some is not. so how can we even have a conversation without specifying what we’re talking about? saying that science in general is settled or unsettled is just silly because some of it is, and some isn’t. and don’t misunderstand me, i’m not asking you about specifics that require knowledge in chemistry or physics like complex interactions between greenhouse gasses. look at my previous question, all i was asking you is if you agree that human activities cause global warming and climate change as a result. and you still haven’t answered me.

now you say that we are on the same page when it comes to some ‘settled science’ that is justified to be skeptical about. sure, there’s a lot to be skeptical about, we can definitely agree on that and more so, i agree that many people cross the line and adopt funny faith in what they believe to be science but truly is philosophy of science, and all sort of subjective interpretations of it. they often can’t even tell the difference. but than again, unless you are specific on what you are skeptical about, i have no idea what you are talking about either. am i making sense?

Optimissed

I think that anyone who isn't subject to the kind of delusionary perception which you perpetually struggle with, Dio, will know that I handle it just fine. You're actually such a complete fool and yet you make so much noise that the natural continuation is to treat you as a minor irritant. The only real noises you make are those intended to convey to your rapidly dwindling fan club that you're winning, whereas it's obvious that you're round the bend. Some people are too polite to say it. That is to your disadvantage because you need some kind of intervention for your own good.

Optimissed

I actually think, Dio, that you completely lost touch with reality quite some time ago and now all you do is continually fight with people. It's laughable and you are laughable. You will remain laughable as long as you continue to act like a fool by attacking people. It's absolutely clear to any normal person that you are the one who starts fighting, continues it and enjoys it. It's clearly all you understand and perhaps enjoy. There's something extremely wrong with you and you would do very much better, if you can't prevent yourself from reacting the way you do, to stay safely in Elroch's threads. You don't know how lucky you were, having someone to take care of you like that.

lfPatriotGames

Silver

I understand what you are saying. I think there is some truth to the butterfly effect. If that's the right term. Even lighting a candle will (in a very small way) change temperature and climate. Probably not measurable with our instruments, but it just seems like it would have to be true.

But I could be wrong also. Maybe there is no possible measurable difference. I don't believe any science is "settled". Just the way science is, the very word itself, seems like it MUST accommodate change. I've always thought of science as ever changing. Always new ideas, new theories, new ways of measuring things. To say "the science is settled" seems very rigid, a leap of faith that cannot accommodate challenging ideas. In other words, religious.

DiogenesDue
Optimissed wrote:

I'm 73 and my brain functions fairly well. The afore-mentioned lady also referred to the other half of the act as probably having premature dementia and I've thought the same. They believe that the lady never uses insults and they claim that's why they respect her much more than they respect me, even though they use insults more than anyone else here. One half of the act admits using insults and the other denies it. It's quite peculiar really. Some people make the mistake of believing they aren't monkeys or are sane.

Making up stories seems to be your life. I have no such beliefs about the "lady" you are currently betraying the confidence of. She's a nasty passive aggressive piece of work, and ignorant to a dangerous degree, as demonstrated in many long-running threads.

I have integrity though, and having made an agreement long ago not to interact directly, I have kept it. That agreement does not apply when you choose to pass along insults.

Stick to your own thoughts, weak minded as they may be...it shows more character.

Sillver1
lfPatriotGames wrote:

Silver

I understand what you are saying. I think there is some truth to the butterfly effect. If that's the right term. Even lighting a candle will (in a very small way) change temperature and climate. Probably not measurable with our instruments, but it just seems like it would have to be true.

But I could be wrong also. Maybe there is no possible measurable difference. I don't believe any science is "settled". Just the way science is, the very word itself, seems like it MUST accommodate change. I've always thought of science as ever changing. Always new ideas, new theories, new ways of measuring things. To say "the science is settled" seems very rigid, a leap of faith that cannot accommodate challenging ideas. In other words, religious.

you don’t seem to understand what i’m saying. never mind, i give up. don’t worry about it..

DiogenesDue
cickfadeace wrote:

No, look.

Time is space and space is time , ok?

so if we get to bend 1 we get out.

How do intercontintal flights work? by going high, e.g. on time and space.

The higher you get the less the distance is and as such time, same for military kind of rockets like ICBM's

Lol. So time dilation makes your international flights go noticably faster? Handy.

No wonder you and Optimissed get along. Have you ever talked to Noodles? You would like him, as well.

Optimissed
DiogenesDue wrote:
Optimissed wrote:

I'm 73 and my brain functions fairly well. The afore-mentioned lady also referred to the other half of the act as probably having premature dementia and I've thought the same. They believe that the lady never uses insults and they claim that's why they respect her much more than they respect me, even though they use insults more than anyone else here. One half of the act admits using insults and the other denies it. It's quite peculiar really. Some people make the mistake of believing they aren't monkeys or are sane.

Making up stories seems to be your life. I have no such beliefs about the "lady" you are currently betraying the confidence of. She's a nasty passive aggressive piece of work, and ignorant to a dangerous degree, as demonstrated in many long-running threads.

I have integrity though, and having made an agreement long ago not to interact directly, I have kept it. That agreement does not apply when you choose to pass along insults.

Stick to your own thoughts, weak minded as they may be...it shows more character.

I wouldn't wish to show character thanks.

Optimissed
DiogenesDue wrote:
cickfadeace wrote:

No, look.

Time is space and space is time , ok?

so if we get to bend 1 we get out.

How do intercontintal flights work? by going high, e.g. on time and space.

The higher you get the less the distance is and as such time, same for military kind of rockets like ICBM's

Lol. So time dilation makes your international flights go noticably faster? Handy.

No wonder you and Optimissed get along. Have you ever talked to Noodles? You would like him, as well.

He's talking about Great Circle routes, I should think. With some people, you can shout at them and get all hysterical like a failing schoolteacher on a bad day, or you can apply your mind and work out what a person is meaning. What they're trying to convey. I quite often do it and I find it works ok.

DiogenesDue
cickfadeace wrote:

Since then I'm not welcome in any of those anymore but classified as unhealable.

Let the err0r flow.

On retirement if you call it as such.

Did my time, had my no electronic usage for 5 years etc,,, this is past.

I'm sure your good friend Optimissed can help you, he can diagnose and heal people from continents away. It's a good thing you met.

DiogenesDue
Optimissed wrote:

I wouldn't wish to show character thanks.

Not yours, anyway.

Optimissed

Although I probably shouldn't say this, for fear of being thought conceited, actually that doesn't really bother me and I think that sometimes one has to be rather frank with people. Well, very often I can work things out fast. You know ... get the implications of something quickly. It's why I'm a good leader in a crisis, actually. I normally take a back seat unless something goes wrong, happy to let others take the lead. I have no problem in stepping in if there is an emergency and I think they're getting it wrong. In a crisis people are always willing to listen to a good suggestion, clearly and concisely expressed.

On the how intelligent is Magnus thread, someone pointed out that he reputedly left his shoes outside his dwelling when he died and they thought that was evidence that he was murdered. I pointed out to them after two seconds' thought that it was a suicide note without leaving a suicide note. After all, suicide then was illegal and he had a devoted mother. I mentioned it to my wife and it only took her a couple of seconds to say "showing he wouldn't need them any more".

This is the kind of thing you're up against. It's all very well for you to think that Elroch is cleverer than anyone else here and of course you're second. The trouble is, it isn't true. There's a lot of people here who are brighter than each of you.

Now, really you shouldn't be worried or upset at that. After all, some people can run faster than other people. You have definite qualities, Dio. You are good with words and have good rhetorical abilities. Also you are obstinate and I'm not saying that in a bad way. It means perseverence. You would do much better to accept realities about yourself and accept other people too. It isn't too late for you to learn but you have to want to learn.

I know you might get upset at this but I'm trying to help.

DiogenesDue
Optimissed wrote:

He's talking about Great Circle routes, I should think. With some people, you can shout at them and get all hysterical like a failing schoolteacher on a bad day, or you can apply your mind and work out what a person is meaning. What they're trying to convey. I quite often do it and I find it works ok.

Lol, the statements are just as wrong, either way. Look, I understand that you need to defend this kangaroo that you have hitched your wagon to, to save face...but there's no real defense when somebody forgets to take their meds and reveals themselves. You should understand this better than anybody else here, paranormally speaking.

Optimissed
DiogenesDue wrote:
cickfadeace wrote:

Since then I'm not welcome in any of those anymore but classified as unhealable.

Let the err0r flow.

On retirement if you call it as such.

Did my time, had my no electronic usage for 5 years etc,,, this is past.

I'm sure your good friend Optimissed can help you, he can diagnose and heal people from continents away. It's a good thing you met.

A person has to want to be healed. Very often in different ways, things go wrong for a person because, unconsciously, they want them to go wrong. For instance it may serve as an excuse. They may deep down think that they deserve failure. Yes, I can often understand people due to the words they use. That's true.

Optimissed
DiogenesDue wrote:
Optimissed wrote:

Lol, the statements are just as wrong, either way. Look, I understand that you need to defend this kangaroo that you have hitched your wagon to, to save face...but there's no real defense when somebody forgets to take their meds and reveals themselves. You should understand this better than anybody else here, paranormally speaking.

I don't see why they're wrong. I do know that you want them to be wrong. That's not honest, though. You're saying you forgot your meds. Oh dear, get a prescription maybe.

DiogenesDue
Optimissed wrote:

Although I probably shouldn't say this, for fear of being thought conceited, actually that doesn't really bother me and I think that sometimes one has to be rather frank with people. Well, very often I can work things out fast. You know ... get the implications of something quickly. It's why I'm a good leader in a crisis, actually. I normally take a back seat unless something goes wrong, happy to let others take the lead. I have no problem in stepping in if there is an emergency and I think they're getting it wrong. In a crisis people are always willing to listen to a good suggestion, clearly and concisely expressed.

On the how intelligent is Magnus thread, someone pointed out that he reputedly left his shoes outside his dwelling when he died and they thought that was evidence that he was murdered. I pointed out to them after two seconds' thought that it was a suicide note without leaving a suicide note. After all, suicide then was illegal and he had a devoted mother. I mentioned it to my wife and it only took her a couple of seconds to say "showing he wouldn't need them any more".

This is the kind of thing you're up against. It's all very well for you to think that Elroch is cleverer than anyone else here and of course you're second. The trouble is, it isn't true. There's a lot of people here who are brighter than each of you.

Now, really you shouldn't be worried or upset at that. After all, some people can run faster than other people. You have definite qualities, Dio. You are good with words and have good rhetorical abilities. Also you are obstinate and I'm not saying that in a bad way. It means perseverence. You would do much better to accept realities about yourself and accept other people too. It isn't too late for you to learn but you have to want to learn.

I know you might get upset at this but I'm trying to help.

Paragraph 1...pure egotism.

Paragraph 2...pure insanity.

Paragraph 3...more insanity.

So far, I am up against pure egotism and insanity.

Paragraph 4...pure condescension.

Thank you for delineating your various maladies so carefully. Show this to your wife (sorry, your partner), and ask her how accurate my color key is...

Optimissed

1) Something goes wrong.

2) Oh dear.

3) What a pity.

4) Never mind.

They are the three stages of coming to terms with a setback. First the immediate reaction, next placing it in a context and finally, moving on from that context.

Got it?

Optimissed

I'm certainly looking forward for you to anwer the "new delusional outburst" but I better warn you that more people than me are possibly going to laugh at you. They can see I'm trying to help. Well, most people would be able to. happy.png

DiogenesDue
Optimissed wrote:

I think that anyone who isn't subject to the kind of delusionary perception which you perpetually struggle with, Dio, will know that I handle it just fine. You're actually such a complete fool and yet you make so much noise that the natural continuation is to treat you as a minor irritant. The only real noises you make are those intended to convey to your rapidly dwindling fan club that you're winning, whereas it's obvious that you're round the bend. Some people are too polite to say it. That is to your disadvantage because you need some kind of intervention for your own good.

You are the only one habitually concerned with the notion of posters and their "fan clubs", their "cabals", etc. Who PMs whom, and who thinks what about whom. You have to realize, not everybody thinks the way you do; not everybody is so driven by a need for validation and approval.