Forums

How much is your beer?

Sort:
Joseph-S

That was impressive!

kco

yeah and is good to make waffle too.

electricpawn

I drink only 3000 year old Egyptian mead. It's called "Winking Sphynx" and it comes in 3 cubit clay jars. It's free if go to the pyramid at the right time.

goldendog
Positionalchessplay wrote:

I win, Norway is the most expensive country in the world.

4.5 dollars for a 0.5 Liter Carlsberg ;)

While Ukraine was the cheapest I ever had a beer, about 0.6 Dollars (Cents?) for 0.5 liters

Sheesh.

electricpawn

I wonder how much Winking Sphynx would cost in Norway.

kco

probably a trinklet.

electricpawn
kco wrote:

probably a trinklet.

sounds fair. i also have an island to sell.

kco

I am sure the vikings wouldn't mind to trade one of their goat for a six-pack.

TheGrobe
robobeer wrote:
TheGrobe wrote:
ivandh wrote:
robobeer wrote:

Now this is my kind of thread. Any homebrewers out there?

Why else would I study chemical engineering?

Hmm, seems to me biology would have been be more apt, but then on the other hand you are the former ruler of Belgium.

Was thinking the same thing. I could see microbiology being helpful, but I also dont know anything about chemical engineering. Perhaps on the water adjustment side of things it would work well.

I felt I should come back and correct my misperception now that I've had a chance to educate myself a little more on the brewing process.

Chemistry factors heavily in the lautering process where the sugars are extracted from the malts to obtain the wort.

wishiwonthatone

Wow this is nice. I didn't read all posts so sorry if this is a retread.

I'm punishing Sierra Nevada's "Torpedo" IPA. It's a little higher in the fun stuff than regular beer. Costs 3.49 per 24oz bottle. A little pricey but one or two are a nice cap to a day.

TheGrobe

Torpedo is a double IPA, right?

cabadenwurt

Well I had the pleasure of having a glass of Stella Artois today ( brewed in Belgium since 1366 ). A very nice and smooth brew, hmm, I wonder if Ivandh is aware of this Beer ? ( lol ).

Lest anyone think that I approve of all brews I must say avoid Krombacher Pils, quite an awful drink.

cabadenwurt

Have the wine drinkers taken over ? ( lol )

Well I did want to mention Stiegl Beer which is brewed in Salzburg, Austria. I do believe that this might be the first Austrian Beer that I've had. It is a nice mid-range Beer, not too strong in taste and yet quite smooth, not bad.

TheGrobe

I just got back from a two week vacation in BC where I sampled widely and also did some serious stocking up for what is turning into a great little beer cellar at home.

One thing struck me quite clearly while shopping for beer there, though -- we are paying far too much for our beer here in Alberta.  My most common purchase is a 650 ml bomber style bottle of North American craft beer, which will typically run me $10-$13 depending on the beer.  In BC (Victoria specifically) these same beers were going for $6-$8.

TheGrobe

Incidentally, one of the items I picked up as much as I could get my hands on was this:

Buy it.  Try it.  It's incredible.

ivandh

Recently enjoyed a Sawtooth Ale which comes out of Colorado. Perfect balance between the hoppiness of an IPA and the smoothness of a lager IMO.

PLAVIN81

Bottle or draftLaughing

PLAVIN81

Nice Kiss

AlCzervik

I recently moved and the beer prices are significantly higher here. On the plus side, Yeungling is common.

ivandh

I've probably mentioned that when I lived in DC, I found that one beer at a bar cost more than a six-pack.