Should I accept my opponents draw offer

woollensock

OK ! .......I’m up a Queen and a rook , and my opponent offers me a draw . It was like a bolt from the blue ! And in my surprised state of mind , I accepted it ! ...... was I wrong to do so ! πŸ™€

Tiger7619

Totally ya

woollensock
You really think so ! πŸ™€
Lagomorph

Was a saucer of milk involved ?

woollensock
Unfortunately no ! πŸ™€
Yiyichen63

Maybe you were nice

ponz111

You were absolutely right to accept his offer--if you played on you might have lost?

Yiyichen63

Ok

woollensock
Ok πŸ‘Œ
LukasKasha

What game was this? I don't see it in your history.

RedGirlZ

whys he even offering a draw lol

Yiyichen63

Because he dont want to lose

Howhorseymove
Well given that you were up two pieces, accepting the draw was a nice gesture so as to not embarrass the other player.
52yrral

Of course you were wrong. Being up two pieces , your move to really throw him off was to immediately resign!

kmpaxt
woollensock wrote:
OK ! .......I’m up a Queen and a rook , and my opponent offers me a draw . It was like a bolt from the blue ! And in my surprised state of mind , I accepted it ! ...... was I wrong to do so ! πŸ™€

Did you gain or lose points from this draw?

kmpaxt

If you lost points you were absolutely wrong to acceptΒ 

Morphys-Revenge

You sure he wasn't English and offering you a draught? (I.e. Beer)?

woollensock
I don’t know what happened after I gave him the draw , cos I’d previously taken my daily dose of catnip, and when it kicked in , I went out like a light ! πŸ™€
woollensock
I felt a bit mean about the whole thing, cos I had the white pieces, and opened with the β€œ Woollensock gambit β€œ which completely bamboozled my opponent, and cost him his Queen and rook ! πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ
DENVERHIGH

If you are up those pieces . . .NO! . . .

Swap as many pieces as you can and you wil win in the end . . .