Forums

Notes tab for vote chess

Sort:
HeartOfStone

How about adding a personal "Notes" tab to vote games as well?
 - You can keep track of things like: "I think this is where it turned bad for us; analyze after the game"
 - You can keep track of the main idea when participating in lots of games like: "e3, Bb2 and fight for control of the a1-h8 diagonal.

These are pretty much the same reasons you'd have the "Notes" tab in personal games. You still need you own notes even though you play in a team.

Poketo

Well both of those are already given... The team comments, and the position can always be looked back on.

HeartOfStone

I wouldn't say that the team comments can meet that requirement. Do you find it easy to look through tens of comments from tens of moves just to find that personal reminder you saved two weeks ago?

And then, multiply that by tens of vote games :-)

rooperi
bcalmac wrote:

I wouldn't say that the team comments can meet that requirement. Do you find it easy to look through tens of comments from tens of moves just to find that personal reminder you saved two weeks ago?

And then, multiply that by tens of vote games :-)

Should there be personal thoughts in a vote game? It's probably good to share everything with the team. And for that the archive seems good enough.

HeartOfStone

Yes, sure. This is not to hide things from the team, but just to have a one-stop place to record things that are not interesting to the team.

How would the comments look if every member would add noise like "check this with an engine after the game" or other stuff like that which does little to help with the game?

HeartOfStone

Or, let me give you another example. Consider the following note:

By move 20 we are already in an inferior position. I think it all started with move 10. Check after the game.

Then the game goes on for 60 moves. How are you gonna remember several months later about that note? The chances are very slim. And even if you do, you would have to do a lot of clicking before finding at was move the comment was made.

It would be common sense to record that thought in your personal notes for the game. And you can certainly share your findings with your team.