Forums

The Women's World Chess Championship of 2012

Sort:
cabadenwurt

Now that they are down to the final four I'm going with Anna Ushenina ( as I've got some Ukrainian relatives ), yes she of the very friendly smile. 

Conflagration_Planet
trysts wrote:

@C_P: Anna Ushenina beat Pogonina.

@fhwee: Two grandmasters, one women's grandmaster, and one international master.

Oh. :)

Charlotte

thanks for the info trysts, and pedla  Smile

trysts
Charlotte_212 wrote:

thanks for the info trysts, and pedla 

Thank you! I wanted to do a little biography on the four, but I was interrupted all day:)

electricpawn

Do you know for sure that all of the semi - finalists were born as infants?

trysts

I can't imagine them being born as adults, but if any were then I doubt an epidural would have saved the mother pain or life.

Conflagration_Planet

It's Punkin Chunkin time!!!!!!!!!

trysts

Are you drunk, woodshover?Laughing

electricpawn

I'm going to have to get drunk to get that "punkin chunkin" image out of my mind.

Conflagration_Planet
trysts wrote:

Are you drunk, woodshover?

No, but i'm watching it on the tube.

trysts

What is "punkin chunkin"?

Conflagration_Planet

They use different catapults, that they have designed to see who can chunk a pumpkin the farthest. The farthest so far is about 2,800 feet.

trysts
Conflagration_Planet wrote:

They use different catapults, that they have designed to see who can chunk a pumpkin the farthest. The farthest so far is about 2,800 feet.

This must be an American sport, right?Laughing

Conflagration_Planet

Yep. We can't play chess, but we can chunk pumkins. :)

bullregard

Have you heard the one about the ckicken catapult for testing airplane windows?

trysts

@ C_P: Hilarious!Laughing

Conflagration_Planet
bullregard wrote:

Saw that on Myth Busters.

electricpawn
trysts wrote:

This must be an American sport, right?

Must be. My nephew built a catapult as a science project. He also made chainmail and took college calculus when he was in 11th grade. I'm a little scared of him. Wink

konhidras

I wonder...will there ever be a time the the womens world chess championship be played with the players wearing swimsuits.Hmmm.I'd love to watch that coz i can learn alot from their games. honestly.Wink

bullregard
bullregard wrote:

Saw that on Myth Busters.

Was it a Myth? Sorry, I've never seen Myth Busters, and I'm just busting to know.