Forums

Finding tricky tactics typos

Sort:
ExtraBold

The latest course could do with proof reading. 

cleans for queens

when for win

missing co-ordinates

etc

pvmike

yeah the hints aren't very helpful either

Patzer24

ExtraBold, can you please provide me with a list of the errors you found throughout the course (such as the lesson name and position where the error is). Once I have this information I will be happy to make the appropriate corrections for this Chess Mentor course. Thank you for your help.

ExtraBold

I've only got to number 4 and they were everywhere in that one. ISTR some in 1-3.

Patzer24

Ok, I have gone through and tried to clean up most of the errors in the course. If anyone finds more corrections that need to be made please let me know.

zankfrappa

Patzer24, I just finished the entire Chess Mentor course this year and now I am going through it again.  I have noticed some typo's, do you want me to email you
when I find one?

Patzer24

You can message me any typos that you find. Much appreciated!

ExtraBold

Number 5:

Intro - Materially, white is down a piece in the black has time to develop he is sure to prevail.

Later - White has only two points with a Rook, and no direct attack on the King, but black is already in a very difficult position.  [two pawns for a rook?]

Later - Sets up a discovered check. [No - sets up a check with discovered attack on the queen]

Patzer24

Thanks ExtraBold. These mistakes have been fixed. Although the last one I believe is meant to still be "discovered check".

ExtraBold

It was a white queen move to the 4th rank, so that when the white bishop moved with check, the black queen on the 4th rank would be attacked by the white queen.

This isn't a discovered check, because it is the discovering piece not the discovered piece that will give check.

Patzer24

Right, this has also been adjusted.