Forums

1. e4 e5 2.Qh5

Sort:
shepi13

Maybe just continuing Na5 is best, and playing like the position after 8. 0-0 Na5 9. Nbc3.

James_Woods876

I still don't like 0-0 for white, what about 8. Nbc3 Na5?

Abhishek2
Scorpio797 wrote:

I would immediately play Nf6. This not only forces the Queen to move and gains initiative, but it is a natural response that helps complete development.

Congratulations Scorpio, you have revived a 2 year old thread!

shepi13

What would you play after Na5?

James_Woods876

Probably g4 followed by Bg5, you may want to ask shawshank, he's a much higher rating than me.

shepi13
shepi13

after Bg5 h6 Bxf6 Bxf6 0-0-0 b5 c5 Qe7 cxd6 cxd6 black is at least equal and probably better.

blasterdragon

heres a game i played recently against a friend

blasterdragon
Shawshank-Redeemer wrote:

So what, that dummy didnt even play 5.Ne2

lol anybody who plays the parham is a dummy

DrSpudnik

Is Sungolian back?

shepi13

So what would you play instead of Bxf6?

Bh4 can be met by simply c6 0-0-0 Qe7, when black's advantage is already growing and it is hard to find a move for white. Maybe Kb1 g5 Bg3 b5 and black has an initiative. 

shepi13

The full line is in the refutation thread, black seems to just be winning, (despite him apparently having no significant attack).

GM_Blunderfish

e4 e5 Qh5 Nc6 Bc4 Nf6 is a solved opening

GM_Blunderfish
Charlie_Croker wrote:
Hi all,

I know this is very basic but I don't know how to play against people who open like this. I always seem to panic and never know what move to make.

At my level, there are a lot of people who open like this and I'm sure it's easy to combat but so far I have not done very well!

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks,
Dario

Play Nc6, they play Bc4, you play g6, they do Qf3, you play Nf6, and you beat the wayward queen.

GM_Blunderfish

e4 e5 Bc4 Nc6 Nf3 is the opening

Zachy42

That's awesome that a GM actually played it