goldendog
Firepower8 wrote:

dear god, yereslov's "opening" starts with a 'P', hmmmmmm

In before the lock.

kco
[COMMENT DELETED]
Justified08
AcivilizedGentleman wrote:

Yere is now 80 W/ 249 L / 9 D) in standard games. Respect his strong record.

It's pretty sad when you're less likeable than gavinator.

strong record?!

well, when inventing an opening you gotta

Make sure both players are doing their best,

and also make sure white has an edge.Yereslov (pereslov) said himself

'how does white have an edge,

and,

make sure no one else is using it.

kco
pellik wrote:

Also you have to be prominent enough yourself that the people who decide these things in the chess world will see your games. Declaring things on the chess.com forums doesn't mean squat in the chess world.

Cry It would be nice though would it, if it did happen, I mean not with yereslov though. 

Yereslov

The opening is perfectly fine. 

Where the hell is the refutation?

It's not very different from the typical 3.c4.

Yereslov
pellik wrote:

Wow, I just won't bring myself to believe that nobody's ever thought of playing b6 in the french advance before. 

Oh wait, this exact move order is already in my database. Somebody already invented it back in the 80s. It wasn't very good then, either.

Arthur Yusupov has several victories to his credit with the 7...b6 line, so your estimation of this opening is wrong.  It is actually very good, and there no evidence to show that either side is better.

aggressivesociopath

I actually saw this before. At first I thought there was a point until I realized that Ba6 never works. It is not new, you can't even claim the 5...Ba6?? variation.

Yereslov
aggressivesociopath wrote:

I actually saw this before. At first I thought there was a point until I realized that Ba6 never works. It is not new, you can't even claim the 5...Ba6?? variation.

5...Ba6 isn't even a consideration, so I don't see why you are surprised. The normal developing move in this position is 5...Nc6 followed by 6...Ne7, which aims for either g6 or f5.

This position is similar to what Yusupov plays, except it is accelerated. 

Read what Pfren posted. He already mentioned how 4...Ba6?? is a disaster.

Jion_Wansu
HotBoxRes

I invented that move long before chess was invented.

Fear_ItseIf

Id much rather have something like the damiano variation named after me than this.

It's that bad.

LoekBergman

Jion_Wansu: that is the Owen defense, eco B00. Thanks for pointing out that this position is a transposition from the French to that defense.

aggressivesociopath

Are you talking about 1.e4 e6 2. d4 d5 3. Nc3 Bb4 4. e5 c5 5. a3 Bxc3+ 6. bxc3 Ne7 7. Nf3 b6 8. a4 Ba6 as in A. Sokolov- A. Yusupov, Riga 1986 when you say Yusupov played the 7...b6 line? 

The point of b6 is to exchange off the problem light square bishop via a6. Otherwise I don't see why you would play it.  

Mainline_Novelty
Fear_ItseIf wrote:

Id much rather have something like the damiano variation named after me than this.

It's that bad.

It's dubious, but definitely not on the Damiano level of bad for Black.

Chess4001

Yereslov can invent anything he wants as his "own." But he seems to disregard the fact that nobody cares...

bean_Fischer

White can explore Balck weak c6 square with 4. Bb5+ and the night have to wait to move to Nc6 square.

3 ... c5 immediately attack the center d4 square is preferable.