Forums

chess championship 2014

Sort:
DrBeastGohan

Vishy vs carlsen in sochi!!! yes yes yes!!

SpicyJalapeno

awsomeCool

SpicyJalapeno

i am not shure who will win but they must be practicing 8 hours or more a day

DrBeastGohan

yes!, it will be awesome!.. hope vishy wins this time!!

jonnguy2014

it's gonna be a battle...Anad wants revenge, but carlsen will probably end up being this generation's Kasparov. Anad had better get Play Magnus.

My prediction-Toss up, but if I had to choose....Carlsen

MrDamonSmith

Sochi? They finally found sponsorship for the match?

DrBeastGohan

yes mr damon, it was sochi, i guess not other city was ready to host, so they went with sochi...!!.

DrBeastGohan

@jonguy2014. everyone seems to write anand off,  idont know why, he is one of the greatest if not the greatest chess players of all time!,  carlsen won once, but i think it will anand time again!

MrDamonSmith

The reason people with a lot of chess experience & skill are writing off Anand again is because the reality is that Anand hasn't been able to score a single win against Carlsen in the last 22 games (!!). That's twenty two. That's a two followed by another two. Double duece. Da big two-two, ok, I'll move on now. Anand last beat Carlsen about 3.5 years ago. That's like back in the stone age or something I think. Anand is 50% lifetime vs Carlsen (+6-6=28) but 5 of his 6 wins were when Magnus was still a kid. Since Magnus has become an adult (when he turned 18) the total record between them is Magnus 6, Vishy 1, with 18 draws. One win in 25 games. These players that have these opinions know that chess skill is almost a rock solid constant, players don't just snap out of it & close a skill gap of 100 fide rating points & this is at the very top of the rating scale so it's quite significant. Those ratings they have are an overall average based on many years vs many different opponents. With all that having been said I do think Anand will score better this time but still lose. 

jonnguy2014

I did predict a toss up pride 88.

Kummatmebro
pride88 wrote:

@jonguy2014. everyone seems to write anand off,  idont know why, he is one of the greatest if not the greatest chess players of all time!,  carlsen won once, but i think it will anand time again!

Anand from the mid 90s through the Anand vs. Kramnik championship match would have given Carlsen a run for his money. 

Although Anand did win candidates, some of his biggest nemeses were not present. If we exclude Aronian...

No nakamura, caruana, mvl, ivanchuk, etc all the tactical geniuses that could either walk away with the tournament, or have the worst performance ever. 

DrBeastGohan

nakamura not being present, caruana not being present ivanchuk not being present... its not the fault of vishy... these guys should have qualified for the candidates , but they did not, so its not fair to say that anand will not have qualified if these guys were present, anand himself is a tactical genius.

I am not saying this as a vishy fan but, i think vishy gets a insane amount of flak for nothing.. i hope he beats carslen!..:) 

khaderdias

pride88 wrote:

Vishy vs carlsen in sochi!!! yes yes yes!!