Forums

CPOTM January 2012 cont.

Sort:
TheGrobe

There's going to come a point where you'll have to find the balance between your thin skin and the 200 block limit.

trysts
Alan_Tudor wrote:

Ok I have looked and it appears you have been blocked in error. Sorry

Chess.com allows you to see if you blocked someone in error? How does that work?Laughing

corrijean

I find most people to be friendly here. In fact, I don't have a single member blocked.

goldendog

I have a few  blocked, but it's mostly an empty measure as I don't start many threads here.

Most of the blocks are from my you block me/I block you policy.

Just a couple directed towards people who post a lot of anything and everything, i.e. postus vomitus.

Take Karl, as an example. We butted heads for a long time but he never blocked me. Then, one day, he pre-emptively blocked a bunch of people, including me, not because of anything we had specifically posted but in some amorphous anticipation. So after all that, he blocked me for nothing. Result: I blocked him, for what it was worth, also for nothing.

Conflagration_Planet

I lost all respect I had for Tudor when he implied that me telling about a childhood incident was a personel attack. That's more than just thin skinned. It's just plain STUPID.

browni3141
corrijean wrote:

I find most people to be friendly here. In fact, I don't have a single member blocked.

I've blocked a few members from live chess. One of them was banned shortly after and I removed him from my list. I also blocked someone because he was spamming and I thought blocking would prevent me from reading his comments, but I was wrong so I unblocked him. The two remaining on my list are from excessive abusive chat in live chess. Their accounts still exist unfortunately.

trysts
Alan_Tudor wrote:
trysts wrote:
Alan_Tudor wrote:

Ok I have looked and it appears you have been blocked in error. Sorry

Chess.com allows you to see if you blocked someone in error? How does that work?

I looked through some of the forum posts that have been trolled and if I see the person is a member that just post messages and does not go after someone just for their twisted fun then the block was by accident. I looked and they hadn't trolled anybody so I unblocked them. It is really very simple. If your a member that doesn't go out of their way to harass members there is no reason to block you.

Well, from what I've noticed on Chess.com forums, some members have posts that deserve to be made fun of, including my own of course. Some member's posts are filled with violence, propaganda, jingoism, conceit, and mental laziness. Other members are hyper-sensitive to anything other than empty-positive feedback. Some member's posts show they have no sense of humour whatsoever, while other member's posts show that they can't distinguish between what is serious, and what is not. Of course, we don't know the members beyond what they post, so there is a very good chance one is not seeing the members in a full light, but rather only in those moments they wish to have fun.

Sorry, I can't continue this post. I've written the word "member" so many times that I'm getting flushed *fans herself*.Laughing

mrguy888
Alan_Tudor wrote:
corrijean wrote:

Actually I was quite surprised you actually wanted to join in with the harassment's but you did. The reason you may not have anyone on your blocked list is your in the forum trolls friends group. You all don't seem to feed off yourselfs just other members who post here are not in your little trolls group.

The only people who feed off other members here are you and your people.

TheGrobe

A curious contrast to a group that primarily feeds off of itself, but periodically invades and usurps other people's fun in the forums en-mass to do so, don't you think?  Rather than block everyone who's not in your clique, why don't you just stay in your group and perform your mutual self adulation there?

trysts

Off topic! So, am I the only person NOT watching the Super Bowl?

TheGrobe

No, I'd say I had better ways to spend my time, but given that I'm here that's clearly not the case.

Fact is, if it's not hockey, I just don't care.

corrijean
Alan_Tudor wrote:
corrijean wrote:

Actually I was quite surprised you actually wanted to join in with the harassment's but you did. The reason you may not have anyone on your blocked list is your in the forum trolls friends group. You all don't seem to feed off yourselfs just other members who post here are not in your little trolls group.

I thought what you did was wrong and I stated so. I haven't changed my mind. I still think what you did and the way you treated PK was wrong.

You obviously don't see it that way, which is fine. You have your opinion, I have mine.

TheGrobe

Harassment and disagreement are synonyms corrijean.  If you think otherwise, well, you can stop harrassing me any time.

corrijean
TheGrobe wrote:

Harassment and disagreement are synonyms corrijean.  If you think otherwise, well, you can stop harrassing me any time.

Laughing

TheGrobe

I don't think that's at all what I said, but you can twist my words any way you like.  I'll only view it as mildly hypocritical:

Alan_Tudor wrote:
I don't want to be harassed and have my word twisted to use against me

Conflagration_Planet

You do seem to block everybody who isn't either agreeing with you or offering condolences.

goldendog

Aka wussy blocks.

The defense to thin skin is that the enemy is just terrible.

blackfirestorm

Geez lol is this thread still alive? Its like 5 days into February isn't it? Sealed

TheGrobe
Alan_Tudor wrote:
When do you ever let go of the past.

When it stops getting repeated.

corrijean
browni3141 wrote:
corrijean wrote:

I've blocked a few members from live chess. One of them was banned shortly after and I removed him from my list. I also blocked someone because he was spamming and I thought blocking would prevent me from reading his comments, but I was wrong so I unblocked him. The two remaining on my list are from excessive abusive chat in live chess. Their accounts still exist unfortunately.

I can understand that. I've heard there's some language used there at times, and why should a person subject themselves to that? I don't play much live chess, so I don't have that problem.