Forums

New Site Design Feedback

Sort:
mihailojoksimovic

@LauriAikio - Can you kindly provide links to the games where analysis seem to be missing ? Or the link to the page you are referring to ?

Thanks !

DeepGreene
Metastable wrote:
LauriAikio wrote:

Only 50 Analyzes (=1 Page) is still remain of all my 967 OTB-Games.

And I do assume, every time I order a new one, an oldest of these 50, is vanished. Am I right ???     

Lauri, I noticed the same thing a long time ago and assumed that it was a time limit, old analysis expiring after 3 months or so. I have been saving the analysis I really wanted to keep by downloading the PGN. No idea if this is a bug or a feature though.

It's really neither - but it's been that way for as long as we've had the feature. Computer Analysis outputs are maintained for each game for 90 days, after which time they are removed for reasons of performance and data management.

However, there is one bright light: If a game *has* been analyzed in the past, simply re-running Computer Analysis on it will regenerate the data in a matter of seconds.

Naakija

Ok. Thank You. I almost got worried.     Laughing

Naakija

Testing with an old game.

Had to order a new analyze.

Processing started 07.30.00 Finnish Time ......

Naakija

... and the results came 07.43.30 Finnish Time.

So it took 810 seconds of getting back 44 moves Analyze.     Undecided     

The good news is, the results were the same as earlier.     Laughing 

bulletheadbilly

Staff Member Green Does a Good Job, Cleaning up after the Turk...

homernh

I'll continue to post this every few weeks just so it can be ignored, but when you come to a diagram in Tactics Trainer, the right side of the diagram (the edge of the move list) is missing.  When you add a comment, then the whole thing shows up.  It's not a big problem unless some of the moves fall on the right edge and get truncated, and you can't read the move list.  Still better than before the update and diagrams didn't load at all. 

bulletheadbilly

Put a Ticket Into This person and they will get right on in..

DeepGreene
homernh wrote:

I'll continue to post this every few weeks just so it can be ignored, but when you come to a diagram in Tactics Trainer, the right side of the diagram (the edge of the move list) is missing.  When you add a comment, then the whole thing shows up.  It's not a big problem unless some of the moves fall on the right edge and get truncated, and you can't read the move list.  Still better than before the update and diagrams didn't load at all. 

I don't understand. I just added this diagram (game type) to commentary on a tactic... http://www.chess.com/tactics/server?id=30515

The move-list is cut off for you? Which browser are you using?

homernh

Thanks for testing this out, let me try and explain it again now that I know someone is listening. 

The diagrams look fine if you are simply viewing a tactic.  However, if you attempt the problem (I am unable to do so today on the link above, since I've let my premium membership lapse) and then scroll down through the comments to the diagram, the right edge is cut off.  Specifically, the Analyze button is there but the PGN button and everything above it are completely missing.  If the move list runs to the right edge, those moves are missing from the list (or cut off), although the diagram still works correctly.  If you add a comment, the diagram will appear completely.

For those who remember the old bug where diagrams didn't load at all in TT until you clicked 'add your comment', this behaves the same way.

I'm using firefox, as far as I know it's the most recent version.

DeepGreene

http://grab.by/fvam

Bingo. Same problem in Chrome, so not browser-specific. Thanks!

bulletheadbilly

I have a problem with my Avatar being too Large,

when the new formet started, id did not Have that expanded page on the right. but now it looks like it does... i guess some of my pics were too big on my "About Me Page", and the page expanded to far to the right. and even after changing pics there to smaller ones, it still stays expanded way far to the right, with no pics even over that far,,,

can i please get some help ? 

just a week ago to past a while befor that, Every pic no matter how big, was compressed to fit noermal page set up, and that wqas perfect...

but Now, it started expanding the Page...and alot of the pics are not even that big, but for some reason they get bigger when pasted sometimes...

bulletheadbilly

i have been getting nearly 30 new comment alerts with no new comments....

DeepGreene

They got backed up in the pipes... Someone got out a plunger and pumped them all through, so you may be seeing ones that are a few days old. Sorry.

bulletheadbilly

Thanks,,

ilmago

Great that alerts are coming back into working fine! Thanks!!

Naakija

You´re welcome !     Laughing

netzach

Everyone seems deliriously happy here today ? That cannot be right... Smile

bulletheadbilly

Any Day Staff Respond's to an issue or question as Fast as Greene Does Makes for a Happy Day...

"Greene Day" if you will....

DeepGreene

[group hug]