Forums

5,000 Signs You Don't Know Enough About Chess

Sort:
chesspooljuly13

132. You yell at your chess pieces when you lose

chesspooljuly13

133. Your opponent beats you and then says he wants to play with his Lego blocks

chesspooljuly13

134. You think people who continue playing in Washington Square Park during a rainstorm are crazy

kodeeak

135. You throw pieces at your opponent or opponent's king when you lose(true story)

bronsteinitz

136. You play on board of 10 by 10 squares and complain about missing pieces.

ClavierCavalier
koala8 wrote:

135. You throw pieces at your opponent or opponent's king when you lose(true story)

I wouldn't say that's from lack of knowledge.  More like lack of self control.  # 132 is the same.

#133 doesn't mean the guy doesn't know anything about chess, but just that he lost and prefers legos.  :-p

chessgm8

137. You have never checkmated your opponent
138. These are all your games:

In the one above, you were black.

kodeeak
ClavierCavalier wrote:
koala8 wrote:

#133 doesn't mean the guy doesn't know anything about chess, but just that he lost and prefers legos.  :-p

#133 said he lost to a guy that likes legos

ClavierCavalier

How do you know Fischer didn't like Legos?

ClavierCavalier

#139:  You fall for this:

Well, maybe that's not fair.  I think the game it came from were grandmasters in the 1800's.

Akatsuki64
JoseO wrote:

117. You think pawns are only allowed to move one square ahead only. if you see someone move a pawn 2 squares ahead on its first move, you accuse the other player of cheating.

I said that already.

Akatsuki64

140. You think chess is for nerds.Laughing

DONKEY_KONGxxx

141. When someone plays en passant against you, you immidiatly notify chess .com staff and report him as a cheater.

kodeeak
Choppin_Wood wrote:

141. When someone plays en passant against you, you immidiatly notify chess .com staff and report him as a cheater.

already said

cferrel

142. You have a girlfriend.

kodeeak
cferrel wrote:

142. You have a girlfriend.

That's right you have to have a wife to know enough about chess

bishop987

i am 10 i don't have a girlfriend

konhidras
bishop987 wrote:

i am 10 i don't have a girlfriend

Get one at 16

Grandmaster3141

143. You wet your pants when Mikhail Tal stares at you.

144. You try to do this:

konhidras

Bottom line in chess is that We dont really know if our opponents hands are clean.