Forums

Endless vacations for donators

Sort:
hutter

Hello there,

sometimes u have nothing to do but think. That's the idea of chess and chess is fun. But sometimes when 1 have too much thinking and little play s/he becomes a baddy. So, I am the one now "cos 1 of my games with FM Kacparov (2081)

(Team Russia vs Wallyjack's Premium Members Group - Board 29 )

has suddenly stopped. The opponent refuses to go (for like 5 or 6 months) on and I suspect is waiting for the news of my death (God forbids). It appears that he is a so called premium member and has lots of vacation time. It's needless to say that his position is hopeless, but I say it, let the truth come out. At last. It's an awesome example of peculiar sportsmanship for PREMIUM MEMBERS, indeed.There's a silver lining in all this - I'm also on my vacation in this game and enjoying it till  time do us part.

Thnak you for your kind attention.

oinquarki

The guy has 416 games in progress and is an FM who travels often to tournaments; The only reasonable explanation for him not being online is that he wants you dead.

hutter

That sounds nice and at least polite;)

hutter

The story goes on and on .... and on....

Your opponent is currently on vacation! 
"Polish Superleague and EuropeanYCC coming" 

They have 2 months 26 days of vacation time left, but may be back sooner

This coward just don't have guts to face that he's lame.

PrawnEatsPrawn
hutter wrote:

oinquarki

Hey you know what I just heard on the news today?; Turns out that people actually continue to exist even when you're not around them! And even more amazingly, they actually have lives, in which they can sometimes do things that don't even revolve around you! At first I didn't believe them because the idea was so strange, but those scientists were very convincing.

PrawnEatsPrawn

The funny(strange) thing is that this muppet berates one of the most talented, genuine and honest guys on the site.

Kacper is so good that he would skin most of us with a shy smile.

TadDude
hutter wrote:

No need for acrimony. The site decides the amount of vacation and players use it however they wish.

http://support.chess.com/Knowledgebase/Article/View/26/0/how-does-vacation-work--how-much-time-do-i-get

That being said, players earn two days per month and Kacparov has according to you, used a lot to keep from timing out. That means he cannot legitimately have 2 months 26 days of a maximum 90 days. But again the site, not the player, decides how much vacation a player gets.

Could be an issue similar to this.  http://www.chess.com/forum/view/help-support/vacation-time-unexpectedly-increasing

Edit 2011 09 15: Similar to this where princecan, Member Since: Aug 23, 2011, could have only 9 days maximum of earned vacation.

Seven days upon joining + one day on Sept 1st + one day on Sept 15th = 9 days.

princecan is currently on vacation! 
They have 0 months 30 days of vacation time left, but may be back sooner.
hutter

it means corruption in chess is live and kicking u just pay and they'll give u as much vacational time as u wish. So, what's this all about again? Yeah it's about nice example of fair play (Spotsmanship) and it has nothing  2 do with the outside life if even it's on Mars.

ozzie_c_cobblepot
For what it's worth, titled players don't pay for their membership.
TheGrobe

That makes it even worse!

oinquarki

I know you're not really angry about this because this is too ridiculous a thing to be angry about. Look inside yourself; what is the true root of your troubles? (I think there was a South Park episode about this.)

hutter

Glad to arouse a heated discussion though;)

Kacparov

I'm sorry hutter, I resigned the game. Well done

hutter

Thank u)

TheGrobe

Calling him out publicly was a little excessive though, don't you think?

oinquarki
hutter wrote:

Glad to arouse a heated discussion though;)

A heated discussion is when two or more people with reasonable but opposing viewpoints have a logical and thorough debate in which they become very involved.

This thread is one guy calling another guy a jerk and two guys calling the first guy an idiot.

hutter

All in all, call it what u want but justice was restored.

And what's that thing in taking so much care of wrong doers?

ChessSBM

He’s now IM

wizardKM

For me it's an honor just to *play* a titled player...