Forums

117th Knight's Quest Round 3

Sort:
jphillips

In this round I got to play against someone rated higher than me which I was happy about since that means I don't go down quite as much of I lose :P.  It was a very interesting, but very crazy game.  This is probably the game I want to analyze the most when I get the chance.

I played white.

2 wins and 1 draw so far, so I was pretty happy with that.

TTourist

nice played... i always have difficulties in benoni-structures as white.

i like your 9..e5, and also the chess.com Database think's it is the main move in this position.

i think a way to push more could have been to play d6. Either 13....d6 or 15...d6. Your e-pawn ist gone either way, but then you can bring your bishop to e7, and it will be very difficult for Black to handle the far advanced d-pawn

GlassDinosaur

Knightactic, please reread TTourist's comment before correcting him.

Anyways, like what TTourist said, I think d6 was better than Bg5, as you get a tempo against the Queen with a connected pass pawns.

and you mentioned this, Qxf3 was probably better, you would had to give up your Rook for Black's Bishop and Knight, but I think it would had been a good trade because you would have a dark square bishop, while Black would not.

jphillips

Yeah I see a lot of that now.  Why couldn't I see all of this in the game? :P

I'm definitely going to study Benoni/Benko a lot more with white now and I should be fine in the future.  

Thanks for the help everyone!

Trapper4

The benoni is by far my best scoring opening as Black, but even still I hate playing against it. It's so tricky even if you know stuff as black while playing white lol

anyway in the early f4-e5 lines, it can be very tricky for white sometimes. The problem is in alot of lines white gets the exchange but black gets rapid development and such (kind of what happened in your game.) It's probably a good idea to study the f4-e5 lines as white before you play them, they can become very sharp. For example, I like to play Nbd7!? after Bb5+ and play becomes extremely sharp. good game tho...

LacksCreativity

I can't knock this feeling that 13.e6 is a good move