Forums

Game analysis please

Sort:
AndyClifton

4.  Burger King or Carl's Jr after the round?

transpo

A-Salty-Dog wrote:

transpo wrote:

Yes. The book is titled, "Pawn Power In Chess", by Hans Kmoch. Beginning on pg. 107 the diagrams for these characteristic pawn formations are illustrated and explained in detail.

I would recommend that you begin with page 107 to read and study through to the end of the book. Referring to earlier pages only as you need to for definitions of terminology and jargon. And, explanations of concepts and ideas.

You can purchase the book for $15 at Amazon.com or Barnes & Noble.com

I did look it up on Amazon. I soon discovered that the book is not available in algebraic notation - is this so? Or has some edition come out with algebraic?

I realize that descriptive is not hard to learn if you don't know it. My qualm is that I am very rusty in it, and having to deal with descriptive at the same time as I am dealing with new concepts is tough.

______________________________________________________________________________________________

Descriptive Notation is simple. Board is divided into K-side and Q-side. Squares are numbered 1-8 from each opponent's side of the board. As you face the board from your side squares are labeled from left to right QR1-8, QN1-8, etc. The abbreviation for Knight in Descriptive is (Kt).

A-Salty-Dog
AndyClifton wrote:

Yea, verily before the phalanx God hath placed the hang. 

On the plus side, I do like the Procol Harum guy.

Thank you! Shine On Brightly!

A-Salty-Dog

Transpo wrote: Descriptive Notation is simple. Board is divided into K-side and Q-side. Squares are numbered 1-8 from each opponent's side of the board. As you face the board from your side squares are labeled from left to right QR1-8, QN1-8, etc. The abbreviation for Knight in Descriptive is (Kt).

I believe I did point out that I know descriptive Cool My complaint remains...it is difficulty piled on top of difficulty to use descriptive AND master new material.

transpo

A-Salty-Dog wrote:

Transpo wrote: Descriptive Notation is simple. Board is divided into K-side and Q-side. Squares are numbered 1-8 from each opponent's side of the board. As you face the board from your side squares are labeled from left to right QR1-8, QN1-8, etc. The abbreviation for Knight in Descriptive is (Kt).

I believe I did point out that I know descriptive My complaint remains...it is difficulty piled on top of difficulty to use descriptive AND master new material.

It's ok Salty. I understand. Everything is good.

If I can help let me know how.

A-Salty-Dog

Cool Trans! Appreciate it!

max30000

Thank you guys for u analysis. Also Thanks Richard for your help Tongue Out

varelse1

I attmpted to order PPiC recently though Barnes and Noble. I was told it is out of print.

max30000

ok, thank you hoynck and varelse1

Mark_Chang

No Mistakes for me :)